hitchin' a ride

a_spaceman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A Banksy-made Charles Manson hitchhiking in Archway.
Wasn't sure if it could fit in the Cityscape category but as the author i can be sure it does fit in the Beginners' forum...

mansonad0.jpg

north london
this one is still there, after few years, probably more than 3.

I like it. This reminds me of a discussion on the forum about a week ago that was talking about graffiti shots and how to make them your own or something. At least that's what I took home from it. Having said that I like how you used the bg of the city in the shot as well. IMO I would have probably cut off more of the pillar and included more of the city while keeping the art and pillar in focus still. For me that would give the feeling that Manson was hitchhiking in the big city, which would be much scarier.

Looks kind of grainy though. What's your ISO for this shot? Good stuff overall. I'm new at this though so that's just my 2 cents. :p

haven't seen the discussion you mentioned, tho it sounds interesting. i'd like to spend a day looking for good graffiti around the city for some nice shoots tho from now on it'll be hard to have a nice sunny day in london...!
yeh i get your point about putting good ol charles in the middle of the city. the problem is that the pavement there is quite broad so it wouldn't be too easy to put him by the street if you know what i mean.
i used an iso200 film, the aperture -if i remember correctly- was at max (1.7) and shutter speed probably 1/125, maybe 1/60. much more likely the former anyway.

...Having said that I like how you used the bg of the city in the shot as well. IMO I would have probably cut off more of the pillar and included more of the city while keeping the art and pillar in focus still. For me that would give the feeling that Manson was hitchhiking in the big city, which would be much scarier.

On this note I would have cut the pillar at the vertical black line to the left of him. Just seems like a good reference point to me.

I really like the feel of this picture though, good job.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back