Hong Kong Alley

3vilcrayon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I'm new to the forums but this is one of my first shots using my DSLR and my first try at HDR. What do you guys think?

Hong_Kong_Alley_by_3vilCrayon.jpg

I used Photomatix Pro to convert it to HDR. I just used Photoshop to set the exposures from a RAW file.

This photo has been placed into "General Critical Analysis" and not into any of our Galleries for General Critique and Comments.
Posters and repliers alike: please make sure you are familiar with the special guidelines for this special forum (outlined in threads at the top).

Thus far, neither the introduction to this photo nor the first reply given meet the special guidelines for this special forum.

Sorry about that, I guess I should have added some more information and such.

It reminds me of Blade Runner, it has a very cool "sci-fi" feel to it.

anything i should change? i'd appreciate any feedback.

3vilcrayon: as to this very photo, its choice of location, point of view chosen, technique used - there is NOTHING you would need to change. It stands as it is, with its being on the brink of looking like a cartoon by your application of the HDR-technique, and while for some photos I personally don't agree that much with the strong contrasts, I do with others. And this certainly is one of the others.

The "sci-fi", the "Blade Runner" or the "painting" feeling is certainly exactly what you wanted to achieve. And you do achieve it.

So my suggestion to you is you get it printed in A3-size (twice as large as A4 --- there sure are measurements in inches that everyone knows better, only I don't), frame it and hang it up somewhere. It is very enjoyable.

thank you everybody. i'll have to buy photomatix pro or get it somehow so i can get the original size without there being a huge watermark on it.

wow, i'd just like to give my support for how cool of a photo this is... composition wise and everything. from the reflections in the puddles and walls, to the highlights off the AC fan units... it's excellent!

great shot!

So, I'm new to the forums but this is one of my first shots using my DSLR and my first try at HDR. What do you guys think?

Color me warped but I LOVE IT....it would make a great framed pic or wall poster!! The detail is unending, the eye just wanders to every nook and cranny. It's a keeper

it has a very surreal feel, like it was made in a 3d program for a movie. Very nice, I like it

This photograph makes me ask "Is this actually real?" Wonderful details, very interesting, keeps the eye interested, nice colors. I really, really like this shot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back