how are the taxi drivers in your city??

DinoThePhotoGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In my city with the exception of a few they don't even talk. They totally Ignore me as I don't exist..They are quite Rude.

Oh, I think I just thought up a new occupation for somebody.

Think of this:

You hire a taxi to drive you across town, but you also want some conversation. You know; talking with someone. Since the taxi driver is not interested, you activate the app on your phone that signals the nearest comedian wannabe, who, (for a fee) will accompany you on your drive, and talk, talk, talk, until you get to your destination.

Cool, huh?

Oh, I think I just thought up a new occupation for somebody.

Think of this:

You hire a taxi to drive you across town, but you also want some conversation. You know; talking with someone. Since the taxi driver is not interested, you activate the app on your phone that signals the nearest comedian wannabe, who, (for a fee) will accompany you on your drive, and talk, talk, talk, until you get to your destination.

Cool, huh?

maybe. But I wasn't referring to that. I was thinking a simple hello. They don't even say that.

Whenever I take a cab, I always hope I get a non-talker.

No taxis here. We just hitch a ride on the next tractor that's heading towards town.

No taxis here. We just hitch a ride on the next tractor that's heading towards town.
do you live in a farm? you mentioned tractor that is why I am asking

Whenever I take a cab, I always hope I get a non-talker.

why?
First, I have nothing against taxi drivers. My father-in-law used to be a taxi driver.

One reason could be that whenever I take a taxi, I'm usually preoccupied by what I have/need to do once I get to my destination. Otherwise, I'll take the train.

Also, I don't like small talk, especially with strangers.

Taxi drivers over here are quite friendly and mostly up for a chat. Mind you the city I live in is quite a chatty place, you'll often get strangers talking to you as well.

I have never taken a taxi where I live. Taken a few in other places, CA and NY mostly, but it's been years ago.

I work for public transit, so I get free rides on buses, which tends to be the socks off paying for a taxi.
Some of our bus drivers are really chatty, others not so much, and--shhh, don't tell anyone I said this, but--a FEW of them are downright rude.

Taxi drivers in Doha get treated badly by the employers so I always tip. They are from every corner of the planet so it's pot luck if you get one that can communicate verbally.

The taxi drivers in my city are psychotic.

In my city with the exception of a few they don't even talk. They totally Ignore me as I don't exist..They are quite Rude.

They are probably annoyed that their industry is so regulated, taxed, and corrupt that they can no longer make a decent living anymore. But since they are just taxi drivers, have no other options than to let their own local gov't screw them into poverty while fares are constantly raised and customers turn to uber as an alternative--all under the guise that the city is protecting both the customer and the drivers while pocketing millions and millions of dollars for the city with no benefit to the poor enslaved drivers and customers that have to pay more for the same service for no added benefit but to pay off the city.

just a guess.

They are probably annoyed that their industry is so regulated, taxed, and corrupt that they can no longer make a decent living anymore. But since they are just taxi drivers, have no other options than to let their own local gov't screw them into poverty while fares are constantly raised and customers turn to uber as an alternative--all under the guise that the city is protecting both the customer and the drivers while pocketing millions and millions of dollars for the city with no benefit to the poor enslaved drivers and customers that have to pay more for the same service for no added benefit but to pay off the city.

just a guess.

actually...
here in Orlando, the city has regulated the $#!^ out of Lyft and Uber, forcing them to literally double their prices.
Plus, the city is fining the Uber drivers for not having the proper "taxi permits".
the big taxi service here is Mears, which donated a bunch of money to the city council, which in turn, almost passed an ordinance saying that Uber and Lyft had to charge 25% more than Mears. Last minute public outrage stopped the bill from being passed. Apparently the only thing the city council loves more than money is keeping their cushy jobs.
Its a pretty big issue in the orlando area, since out of all the areas Uber runs out of, Orlando is the only city trying to regulate them out of business. Then again, Uber is basically saying "we want to operate pretty much just like a taxi service...but we dont want to pay any of the taxi regulatory fees"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back