how can I approach people?

Why not ask them? The worst that can happen is a no for your trouble. I would think if you're female your chances are far greater than mine would be. Explain to them you are an amateur and learning the art of photography. Just an idea...

As long as you dont make eye contact with them, they shouldnt challenge you, just act as if your doing nothing wrong. If they do then walk up two you, you have two options. Ask them if they mindyou taking the photo/ want a copy of the pic etc. Or you could run, and if they chase you, you could get some interesting photos. :)

Do be aware that there are places where taking pictures is dangerous. A friend and I thought it would be interesting to take pictures around Brixton market (a place in London with a very high percentage of Afro-Carribeans). We were quickly spotted and were nearly lynched - the locals though we were police doing surveilance work. We pretended to be Spanish and not speak English and survived - but they took all our film.
So do be careful.

Then there is the model release if you want to use these pictures to make money at a later date or something. :0)

With the model release, can you be your own witness to the "model" signing it? Or do you need a 3rd person involved for that part?

Ive been tempted to ask people if I can take pictures in the past, but im to shy to aproach.

My daughter was taking a photography class at the university for her major and she was told to go photograph a homeless person. I knew a shopkeeper in kind of a seedy area and asked him for help. He introduced her to this gentleman and he let her shoot all the pics she wanted. Sometimes people you know can help...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back