Reaction score
Website
www.foquesphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
subj.
sky2.jpg

thank you guys.

Erm... you want to enchant the photo or enhance it???
Sorry ... making fun because I just had to laugh out loud over something in the Off Topics, and then I see your endearing typo in the title ...
I'm not even sure it NEEDS a lot more... it is enchanting as it is, without any further enhancement.

In what way? I think the image is beautiful, but there is no focal point to draw the viewer's eye in.

so sorry about the misspelling.. hehe.. English is not my native tongue, been learning it for last 5 years, so misspelings as such are my curse :(

Thank you for the thumbs up.. That tells me that i'm finally learning something from here.. :)

Question, though, how do I adjust the focal point?

It's not a matter of adjustment. It's a matter of putting a subject in the image that draws the viewer's attention and pulls the eye in. Several good composition books are out there (my favorite is The Photographer's Eye by Michael Freeman)

I hope you're not mad with me for pointing out that little mistake. I was in very good humour yesterday night when I saw your very endearing misspelling in the title and just enjoyed it. There's nothing wrong with it, it is a NICE mistake!

And as to the photo and its (missing?) subject - to me the subject, the main one, is the orange glow in the clouds on the bottom left. And to my mind everything's leading the eye just there: the diagonal line of the whiter clouds from top right down to that orange area, the trees becoming smaller from top right to bottom left, the street lights becoming smaller from foreground to further back... so to my mind this photo "works".

Foques, when you cropped it into this size (tb2 called it "letterbox crop" or something like that, which is an expression I like! :D), you must have had some thoughts in mind. You cropped out something else that WAS there in the original photo. What was your thinking? Can you explain?

No no, not mad at all :)

the idea was, in fact, was to capture the orange glow and the play of the sunlight on the rims of the clouds..
The only thing that i did crop was the white letters on the right bottom corner of the picture... there was a word "cleaners".. I just bandaged it : )

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back