How to spend a $100 GC to National Camera

AverageJoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a $100 gift card to National Camera and Video: Home

Not really sure what to go for, I have a 40D and a good assortment of lenses. $100 isn't going to buy me a new body or much in terms of a lens... any suggestions? Maybe just print some photos?

Speedlite 220EX or 270EX?

Not willing to spend any extra cash on stuff? If not, (you probably have this stuff but): Spare battery? a bag? More memory, filters?

I have decent filters, two crumplers, three batteries and all the memory they carry is WAY over priced...

I asked about what they could do on a trade, 40D with kit lens for a 5D mark II, they would give me about $500 for the 40D and lens, which is much less than what it's worth. I'm going to go with a battery grip for $150 used. I figure it will be nice for portrait photos and when I decide to sell the body it will add value.

I asked about what they could do on a trade, 40D with kit lens for a 5D mark II, they would give me about $500 for the 40D and lens, which is much less than what it's worth.
Maybe, but they aren't taking it off your hands because they want it, and they assume all the re-sale risk, listing/advertising and effort for you.

They were very honest about not being able to buy gear as opposed to craigslist. And yes, just one flash which is almost exclusivly fired off the camera.

I asked about what they could do on a trade, 40D with kit lens for a 5D mark II, they would give me about $500 for the 40D and lens, which is much less than what it's worth.

That case will always be true on any trade in...

Consignment is just slightly better.... (shops will typically take 30% off the top.. I've seen as bad as 50%). My local shop will reduce consignment to 20% off the top if you take store credit.

Always better to sell it yourself unless you deem it not worth your time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back