I just bought..

W.Y.Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...the BlackRapid Sling strap and I don't know how I've lived all this time without it.

Not only does this thing make carrying and shooting easier but its already working wonders on my neck and back, which used to take a lot of abuse from my D90.

Another thing.. When shooting street it is so much easier to seem like an inconspicuous bystander with the camera at your side rather than hanging from your neck. Noone realizes you're about to take a photo before you do.

Anyone else have one of these?

Last edited:
...the BlackRapid Sling strap and I don't know how I've lived all this time without it.

Not only does this thing make carrying and shooting easier but its already working wonders on my neck and back, which used to take a lot of abuse from my D90.

Another thing.. When shooting street it is so much easier to seem like an inconspicuous bystander with the camera at your side rather than hanging from your neck. Noone realizes your about to take a photo before you do.

Anyone else have one of these?

I have two actually - the RS-5 Cargo straps. Come to think of it I also have the dual camera yeti strap.. so I guess three. Love mine, like you before I bought the first one I thought it was pretty ridiculous that someone would pay that much for a camera strap. Once I bought one I couldn't imagine using anything else.

I have a couple...Absolutely love them! Certainly much nicer than wearing the default neck strap.

Yep, took me two years plus to decide to go ahead and buy one--kept telling myself that was a lot of money for "just" a different kind of strap.

Single best accessory purchase I have ever made. I often carry my D7100 with the Sigma 150-500 attached for hours on end while out shooting birds (err, taking bird photos, that is, not the other kind of "shooting birds" lol) and that strap has probably saved me some medical bills for back and neck problems!

I have two... the single and the double.

I have them but getting the Holdfast Money Maker dual strap. BTW, you may want to add this little safety device for your strap (Camera should strap safety device | James Tang Photography ) . I had one broke :eek: My camera and 24-70 f2.8 dropped to the ground. Thankfully nothing else broke.

Last edited:
I tried a lot of carry systems, some just as or more expensive than BlackRapid. Got mine about a year ago and all the others have been sitting in the closet since.

I got one back in September and its great. So good in fact that we got one for my dad for his Christmas prezzie.

The only thing I don't like is the attachment screw makes it awkward to use my battery grip. I'm planning to get one of the flat headed ones and hoping that will make it a bit easier.

Damn you guys. Why did you talk about this? It forced me to order one just now. I've seen them before, I knew I wanted one, then forgot about it, and you bring this back! Joke aside, it's on my purchase list in the next couple weeks. Thanks for reminding me!

Damn you guys. Why did you talk about this? It forced me to order one just now. I've seen them before, I knew I wanted one, then forgot about it, and you bring this back! Joke aside, it's on my purchase list in the next couple weeks. Thanks for reminding me!

Ha! Plan worked. Ok, good job guys. That's another convert to the dark side. Just one more and we win that free trip to that magical, enchanted place known as Cleveland.

Ha! Plan worked. Ok, good job guys. That's another convert to the dark side. Just one more and we win that free trip to that magical, enchanted place known as Cleveland.

Wait..... what? I thought it was Cincinatti!

Can you be more specific? There seems to be many models/types of the BlackRapid straps. Sling? Strap? RS-4 RS-7? Different? Same?

Wait..... what? I thought it was Cincinatti!

You are.. which is what makes this all so fiendishly clever. Dark side baby! Embrace it.. lol

Black Rapid sport owner here. Put off buying one for a long time because of the price. After using it the 1st time. I kick myself for waiting so long to get it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back