I shot a film yesterday, and need to know what it is...

chris_arnet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last Night me and my friend Paul decided to whip out our film cameras, and go shoot around town. I always shoot black and white film, because ive never found a color film that i like. Well, Paul put a roll of color film in my camera, and i LOVE the look. It's very contrasty. But when i developed it in the darkroom last night, i lost the film container, and i never really looked to see what it was...cause i assumed i wouldnt like it anyway. It wasn't velvia though, i know that. Can y'all give me some real contrasty color films so i can try and figure out what it was?

Oh, and i cant call Paul, because his cell phone is broken, and i have no idea what his home is.

It was slide?
If so, it could have been Provia, Ektachrome Plus (EPP), or perhaps E100G/GX.

If it was neg, possibly Portra VC or UC, or Fuji 160C

What does the film say on the border around the sprockets?

Post examples.

Looks like you'll be showing up on Paul's doorstep to ask him what film it was.

yeah, i will.

actually, ill just wait till tomorrow and ask him when i see him in photography tommorow.

then go pick up a couple rolls for myself.

the type of film should be along the whole edge of the film.

strange that the edges are trimmed off.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What on earth can you do with film that has the edges trimmed off? You couldn't put it in any kind of neg holder (digital ones for scanners included).

On one set i trim the edges off all of my negatives. Its so when i print i can have about a 3/4" border on a 5x7, where i put my name and info.

If i think i might want to make them digital, i scan them and then trim the edges.

But once you do that, you can't do anything else with them. I would not trim negs like that. It's just bad news bears.

You can adjust the border size... You don't have to trim the negs.

EDIT: In fact, when enlarging prints, the rebate doesn't even show.
So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

But once you do that, you can't do anything else with them. I would not trim negs like that. It's just bad news bears.

i can still make any size print i want with them. i just cant scan them, thats the only limitation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back