if 90 percent of people don't like what you shoot or the way you shoot

So 10% of my pictures will only be seen by me. The rest are shared by various methods but I know (as Derrel points out) the ones that people are going to like so I share a few of those just to boost my ego. The experimental stuff I mostly post on here as I will get good constructive feedback.
The best ego boost is a surprise when the TPF faithful like one of my experiments (like my pic of the gold mosque wall) but that is a rarity and more enjoyable because it is rare. The rest of my pics dont get noticed much and I am fine with that.
Least you are honest. If the gold mosque wall is the one i am thinking of i did like that. (down the side of the wall which led to a alley or something right)

When I do something that 90% of people like, I know I failed.

A lot of opinions here. I think I agree with Gary on this one. I also think you set your own standards of whats good or not. If you set low standards then so be it. But I prefer setting higher standards and use peoples comments as a learning tool. So if 90% don't like it I want to know why...

Change it to 91% because I hate your stuff. ;)

Change it to 91% because I hate your stuff. ;)
i will add you to the list.................................................LMAO.

Actually shocked this thread it still even going. Suppose it gives everyone something to do....

edit: i actually looked through your 500px the other day. You have some nice work on there. I seemed a little more interested in the less liked items though. Apparently my taste is "off". A couple of the things i liked i was the only one that had. The processed landscapes are great, i just see so many of them it is kind of "meh". Nice work. Just "meh". Looks like you are going strictly to try to sell some.

Last edited:
I've found that 90% of people on this website hate my stuff, and 90% of people on another website seem to like my stuff.

I just conclude that 90% of people on TPF are morons, and 10% of the other website are idiots.

I've found that 90% of people on this website hate my stuff, and 90% of people on another website seem to like my stuff.

I just conclude that 90% of people on TPF are morons, and 10% of the other website are idiots.
i have bigger concerns in life. Like where the hell are the 12v batteries for the transmitter for my flashes....................... If i could find them right now i would be a happy camper hell with who likes my stuff.... haha. well. unless they want to give me like 500 for a print. Then i might start to care. Maybe... doubtful. But maybe....

in all seriousness. I didn't think this thread would even go this far. I equivocate too if someone said they didn't like my car...
"did you buy it and pay for it?"
"well no".
"Go fruck yourself then. " LOL

12v battery? This is why you buy a Canon and Yongnuo stuff. :D

Kim Kardashian. Justin Bieber. McDonalds. All fairly popular, all with HUGE numbers of people who just LOVE their stuff. According to one poster here, with popularity comes automatic certification of quality. More popular = better. More popular = higher artistic value. More popular= automatically higher aesthetic value.

Seriously? Fox News has been Number One in television news for 13 years in a row now. 2014 Cable News Ratings Year-End Fox News CNN MSNBC Mediaite On a nightly basis, FOX News has nearly TRIPLE the viewership of its nearest competitor. So, apparently, we have a member here who thinks because it has the greatest popularity, FOX News is...the best! Simple, isn't it!

Seriously? If you want to see what the level of popular taste among non-photographers is, look no farther than Facebook. Browse around Facebook and just look at what kind of photography people praise as being ,"great! Awesome! Amazing!" There is tons of very bad photography that garners rave reviews on Facebook. So, apparently, the more people who click the "Like" icon on chit photos, the better those chit photos become. Because, you know, the more people like stuff, the BETTER it really is.

I like to remind myself of this every day.
Geekation_George.jpg

12v battery? This is why you buy a Canon and Yongnuo stuff. :D
yeah. 12v . 23a. I put in the enelopes and then noticed the transmitter wasn't lighting up. This battery thing with this stuff is as bad as dealing with the kids toys... little irked...

do you have a model number on it? the amp-hour should not matter, that will determine how long the battery lasts at load. The issue is voltage and physical shape and size.

Seriously? Fox News has been Number One in television news for 13 years in a row now. 2014 Cable News Ratings Year-End Fox News CNN MSNBC Mediaite On a nightly basis, FOX News has nearly TRIPLE the viewership of its nearest competitor. So, apparently, we have a member here who thinks because it has the greatest popularity, FOX News is...the best! Simple, isn't it!

But really, who can stay awake for the News Hour?

does that mean you are wrong?

:popcorn:

It depends upon why you have to ask.

does that mean you are wrong?

:popcorn:

It depends upon why you have to ask.
i am really just wondering if anyone noticed some of the stuff i post is from a point and shoot or a free cell phone. i pity anyone that could order anything on 500px (hasn't happened yet) a couple things on there are 4 or 5 mp cell or point and shoot pics. 1x had a list for a while of "low quality file, unavailable for sale" lmao. I start throwing film on there too it will really mix it up. Like a dice roll. At the slim chance anyone ever even thinks of buying something i post on line (slim i know) DON'T. Do yourself a favor. Really. Don't. Total crap shoot. I am not even sure they are listed for sale anyway. But just don't! There are very few things i post that even i would print from a quality standpoint, like FEW and far between. Because i know how i take some of these. knowing what they are. fungus lenses....yard sale camera, free cellphone with a straighttalk month card, really. Just dont... lmao
I don't even print the vast majority and they are my photos. If someone did i would feel guilty. Thanks god everyone hates my work i am relieved that risk is lower.

Most reactions

Back