Ignorance is bliss

p.s. wen i tawlk i tawlk like dat, coz i dunnah howt ta' speak propper is it?

Well, I think maybe it must have been how she said it...because it doesn't sound THAT bad to me. People are ignorant of other countries...so it's not TOTALLY her fault. She could have been a bit more subtle, I do agree.

I love when my cousin comes from Scotland. I've always wanted his accent. He's from near Glasgow, if that makes a difference...but I just wanna steal his accent. Every time he comes here, the girls all wanna know where he's from, and tell him how awesome his accent is...ahaha.

The accents near glasgow are some of the harshest.

My dad was Scottish and he had a really broada accent, apparently. People couldnt understandss him half the time which was frikkin stupid coz i thought that sometimes he spoke better English than half the chavs that lived near us!

I went to glasgow once and it scared the crap out of me.

He's from near Glasgow, if that makes a difference...

Being and speaking Glaswegian makes a great difference! You would be amazed by the variety of accents you find within Scotland or within England.

I justt thought about my accent and i sound like i've just been thrown from the film Snatch.

And no, i don' mean the f'kin pikey! :p

Every time Anne-Marie and I travel on Lufthansa, they insist on speaking to us in German, right up until the point where we say "Pardon?" - cue instant language switch. This included the flight from Manchester to Frankfurt.

The accents near glasgow are some of the harshest.

My dad was Scottish and he had a really broada accent, apparently. People couldnt understandss him half the time which was frikkin stupid coz i thought that sometimes he spoke better English than half the chavs that lived near us!

I went to glasgow once and it scared the crap out of me.

ahhaha. Well, my cousins are not THAT bad...they are hard to understand sometimes...but I think they've had enough experience with english/american media that their accent is not the same as their parents. My uncle...now there's a tough accent...

They speak two different languages from when they're home and when they're here. Sometiems they let out some scottish slang, and I'm like "wtf you say?"

ahhaha. Well, my cousins are not THAT bad...they are hard to understand sometimes...but I think they've had enough experience with english/american media that their accent is not the same as their parents. My uncle...now there's a tough accent...

They speak two different languages from when they're home and when they're here. Sometiems they let out some scottish slang, and I'm like "wtf you say?"

Have they forced you to eat any fried Mars bars yet?

they deep fry everything up there, even pizza and Mars bars

Most reactions

New Topics

Back