Is it snowing where you are?

No snow here, thank goodness! I like being warm. :)

Just finished snow plowing my driveway (75 ft single). Good exercise actually after being stuck at a desk job on a daily basis. Roads here were pretty bad but the state and locals were pretty diligent at keeping everything clear. It was coming down pretty heavy for a while. STopped now but my wife just told me we are expecting another bout.

As much as I hate front wheel drive cars (boring), I am glad my commuter is FWD. I counted at least a dozen expensive rear wheel drive vehicles in all sorts of trouble. This includes BMW, Mercs, 2 Lincolns, and I think 1 Caddy. Felt sorry for a newish BMW M3 spinning and an Acura TL pointing the wrong way in traffic (how in the world did they manage that). Others were stuck trying to make ice covered hills... or spin outs. I guess people haven't figured out the value of snow tires (worked great on my miata). 45 min commute turned into almost 2.5 hours..

Bad news... my jeep's battery is dead... so it was no help this time.. :(

I'm wondering... the automotive German land that experiences a lot of snow.. what do you folks do in preparation for the snowy winter?

my jeep's battery is dead...

I've always liked Optima batteries. I don't think I've found any other batteries with more cold cranking amps (can't remember exactly how many it is).

Today is the first of the week it wasnt snowing. Im thinking I may go to the Grand Canyon Sunday since it is supposed to be nice. We got about a foot here.

Thanks Tangerini! It seems to have stopped now, but a second storm is heading this way for Sunday. Looks like it's gonna be a White Christmas!

My neighbor just bought the coolest snowblower. :D Take some getting used to....that little handle that turns the exit shoot, moves quick..:lol::lol:too quick. The 3 hour drive home was a drag, but bring on Sunday......:mrgreen:

Sorry Anty, no penguins....... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dnrosVyamY"]but as an alternative[/ame].......... and their cute to boot.

(you don't want the pig's song, do ya?)

I just went to the mall to mail off a package to a client...holy molly it's cold. I've been back inside for 5 minutes and my hands & feet are still tingling....and I drove there.

I hear that. I cannot get warm this past week. It was -35C the other day (that is nearly -30F).
I can handle the snow. It's the cold that is killing me!

My wife has AWD, but she doesn't go out in the snow. If I can get the car out onto the road from the driveway by doing about 50 MPH in reverse, then I take the car to work. If not, I have the AWD to take as she isn't going to go anywhere. Thus, my tractor is sitting in the back yard covered up because there's no room in the garage right now. I don't care if the snow builds up in the driveway. The AWD SUV will make it out.

I just sit inside where it's warm and laugh at all the neighbors out shoveling and plowing their driveways. Every single one of them has AWD or 4WD, yet the mess about in 0 degree weather to shovel off 2 inches of snow....:scratch:

This is the third time so far it has snowed here, and every time it ended with slush and crap so I couldn't even go out and take nice snow pictures :(

The 3 hour drive home was a drag, but bring on Sunday......:mrgreen:
Yikes!!!

And be careful what you wish for...they're saying yet another storm on Tuesday as well. :er:

Sorry Anty, no penguins....... but as an alternative..........
(you don't want the pig's song, do ya?)
Allllllllviiiiiiiiiiiin!!!

Ummm, what's the pig's song? (Or should I not ask?)

No snow here, our high for tomorrow is 76 :sun:.

I do wish we could have snow at least once :(

Thanks Tangerini! It seems to have stopped now, but a second storm is heading this way for Sunday. Looks like it's gonna be a White Christmas!

I would LOVE a white Christmas, but it has never happened here. Forecast for this Christmas is 74F (23C). We are in our typical yo-yo pattern with the temps. Today and tomorrow around 80F, Sunday and Monday around 40F. Then warming up the rest of the week until the next cold front. So even if we do get snow or ice, it doesn't last long. Godd thing is that the city shuts down if we get an accumulation (and that means 1", sometimes less :mrgreen:).

Upon reading this thread, I thought I best go check outside in the garden if there was anything looking remotely like snow, but this is all I could find:

noSnow.jpg

It IS somehow RELATED to snow, but ... snow looks different, I guess!!!
We'll once again get a Green Christmas. Like I already said we would get when we had our so far only snow in mid-November...

Is it the law in Canada and certain states in the USA to have winter tyres? Here in Sweden it is manadatory between 1 Dec and 1 march and optional from 1 oct to 1 may. Down south they get away with studless winter tyres but up here almost everyone has winter tyres with studs in. The road outside my house is a complete ice rink right now, it's a T-junction and every year people skid past the turning or end up in the ditch as a result of the slippery conditions ... here's a quick pic I just took, this is the view from my living room window (looking left)

view.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back