Just started my own photography site!

NickLane

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone I just wanted to know what your opinions were about my website. I just started it up so there are a scarce amount of photos on there but regardless, looking forward to hear everyones thought on it. As of now I plan on updating it every week or so. Here's the link nicklane.webs.com

Last edited:
Actually, wouldn't the subsection in the Marketplace be the right place for this?

Why ouch?

yeah why ouch I think he was just directing me to the right part of the forum? am i correct?

Umm.. not to be rude, but I think that tirediron was intimating that this should be posted in the beginners section.... :) I could be wrong though! lol!
Ehhh... a little from column a, a little from columb b. Mostly, there didn't seem to be any information that I'd expect on a professional website, where to buy, how to book, cost, etc, but, yes, you're right while there are some neat captures, I'm not sure that I would say that the OP is quite ready for the 'Pro' section yet.

OP: That's not meant to be rude, or a put-down, just an observation based on 30+ years of experience.

NickLane said:
Hey everyone I just wanted to know what your opinions were about my website. I just started it up so there are a scarce amount of photos on there but regardless, looking forward to hear everyones thought on it. As of now I plan on updating it every week or so. Here's the link nicklane.webs.com

Keep at it and post a shot or two of some new work when you are ready.

Actually, wouldn't the subsection in the Marketplace be the right place for this?

Technically yes... but did you check out his photos? :)

yeah why ouch I think he was just directing me to the right part of the forum? am i correct?

Umm.. not to be rude, but I think that tirediron was intimating that this should be posted in the beginners section.... :) I could be wrong though! lol!
Ehhh... a little from column a, a little from columb b. Mostly, there didn't seem to be any information that I'd expect on a professional website, where to buy, how to book, cost, etc, but, yes, you're right while there are some neat captures, I'm not sure that I would say that the OP is quite ready for the 'Pro' section yet.

OP: That's not meant to be rude, or a put-down, just an observation based on 30+ years of experience.

Thank you for your opinion I didn't take any offense to it at all. The site that I brought to everyones attention was just to see if I am on the right track. Im still in highschool (I'm only 17) so I have very little time to prefect and craft this site to be professional. The site is mainly going to be used as a portfolio for college and just taking pictures for a few freinds here and there xD! later on though I may buy a domain for it and host it as a professional site.

There is actually a specific spot on here to post/share your website and ask for C&C on the site itself.

Also, one thing I've noticed is that on most of your photos the focus is off. When shooting people, always select a focus point on the closest eye to you.

There is actually a specific spot on here to post/share your website and ask for C&C on the site itself.

Yea I shortly realized that after posting this but as my first post I didn't want to get a citation for double posting like some forums give out. If you know of anyway to move this thread to correct location let me know

NickLane

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for posting your site. Its great to see people getting involved in photography. As with anything worthwhile, it doesnt come easy. I think you will benefit a lot from posting images for critique in the appropriate forums, ie. the beginners section of the sports section. There you will be able to get more information, tips, tricks and help to help you grow in this journey.

A few tips for you, when you are posting images for critique, limit the number (4-5) and number them for easy reference. That will help people to comment.

Again, welcome, and hope this is a great learning place for you!

Cheers,
Kristal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back