Lens fell off camera?!?

It's pretty funny that there are a half dozen or so people willing to admit they're unlucky enough to have a lens drop off of a Canon 5 D Mark II body... yes, the evidence is anecdotal..but it is STILL HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! God, what is wrong with you people? Can you not see the humor in this??? Look up the German word Schadenfreude (it's somewhere before stick-up-your-aSS) (pronounced /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ Audio (US) (help·info), German pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages, and has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd and Swedish as skadeglädje.

I've had this happen to me once. Luckily my hood was on. The 70-200 fell of the 5D Mk2 as I was walking. Nothing broke! So now I'm always scared about walking with my lens on the camera. One thing I noticed is that when I put the lens on and I move it back and forth, it moves a little, not like solid. It's very minor. I tested it and it hasn't happened again.

If feels more solid when I put it on my T1i though. How is the fitting w/ your camera? Is this normal?

Then I saw this! Canon 5D MKII lenses are FALLING off (7D also)

So...MohaimenK had his 70-200 FALL OFF his 5D-II...and the information is "not true"?? Seems like it's time to torch another bowl of sticky icky. And a bunch of people on Flickr got together and commented on how THEIR 5D-II's dumped lenses....but that's all fictitious too...better break out the vaporizer.

D-

There is quite a disconnect between the terms used to describe marijuana consumption in your generation (the early 1900's)... Are there any other slang terms you have buried away in your hand scribed thesaurus? I'm very curious in the etymology of some of these words from long ago.

Thanks,
-T

Nice Stache Derrel.

Schadenfreude (it's somewhere before stick-up-your-aSS) (pronounced /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ Audio (US) (help·info), German pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages, and has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd and Swedish as skadeglädje.

You may have just found the perfect word for the emotion that I get when I look at your Avatar, D. Now I know where that smile and overjoyed feeling comes from. The misfortune of others, particularly you, who refuses to acknowledge that you can't bash Canon on something that Nikon does THE EXACT SAME WAY. Scary, I know right?

Failing to acknowledge that it also happens to Nikon users is just stupid... But what's that phrase...? Selectively blind? Well Derrel, I regret to inform you that prescription glasses cannot help those who are selectively blind, and choose what they want to hear or believe.

o hey tyler said:
D-

There is quite a disconnect between the terms used to describe marijuana consumption in your generation (the early 1900's)... Are there any other slang terms you have buried away in your hand scribed thesaurus? I'm very curious in the etymology of some of these words from long ago.

Thanks,
-T

Dude, are you THAT out of touch with your own era's weed culture???

Urban Dictionary: sticky icky

Urban Dictionary: vaporizer

Or is Maine such a bumfu$( place you've never heard any Hip-Hop or rap??:lol:

The misfortune of others, particularly you, who refuses to acknowledge that you can't bash Canon on something that Nikon does THE EXACT SAME WAY. Scary, I know right?

Based on your signature, Derrel has already stated that he has more than 3x the investment in Canon than you. He also happens to have an investment in Nikon... do you? Seems he appreciates the pros and cons of both systems.... do you?

Failing to acknowledge that it also happens to Nikon users is just stupid... But what's that phrase...? Selectively blind? Well Derrel, I regret to inform you that prescription glasses cannot help those who are selectively blind, and choose what they want to hear or believe.

Although photography is not a strong suit of mine, logic is. I have no qualms with either of you, but I will point out one statement where you are somewhat hypocritical:

It's for the same reason that I don't watch Fox news.

That statement is the exact same thing as Derrel criticizing Canon. He did not also criticize Nikon, yet you did not criticize CNN, MSNBC, etc. Those networks, in my opinion, are infinitely worse. Logically then this shows that you might be somewhat "selectively blind" (your words) yourself, as it pertains to your political views.

You are very helpful in your photography posts though! :thumbup:

Schadenfreude (it's somewhere before stick-up-your-aSS) (pronounced /ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/ Audio (US) (help·info), German pronunciation: [ˈʃaːdənˌfʁɔʏdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This German word is used as a loanword in English and some other languages, and has been calqued in Danish and Norwegian as skadefryd and Swedish as skadeglädje.

You may have just found the perfect word for the emotion that I get when I look at your Avatar, D. Now I know where that smile and overjoyed feeling comes from. The misfortune of others, particularly you, who refuses to acknowledge that you can't bash Canon on something that Nikon does THE EXACT SAME WAY. Scary, I know right?

Seriously Tyler, maybe you ought to lay off for a few hours, then read up on me. Until then, perhaps a big dose of STFU would be in order for you, along with a double dose of Talkn' out of Your A$$ medicine...

Derrel's Photography Blog: Don't Believe The Slanderous Claptrap

Throughout this thread, you have appeared to be so impaired that you repeatedly could NOT spot a JOKE from a fricking mile away. Look up the phrase, "yanking your chain", and there's a picture of me, leading you around by a chain, while you whine like a little dog...seriously, you're there in the picture, wearing your Canon Fanboy matching jammie top and pants...

Throughout this thread, you have appeared to be so impaired that you repeatedly could NOT spot a JOKE from a fricking mile away. Look up the phrase, "yanking your chain", and there's a picture of me, leading you around by a chain, while you whine like a little dog...seriously, you're there in the picture, wearing your Canon Fanboy matching jammie top and pants...
:lmao: :popcorn:

ok, im not part of this feud but THIS:

a double dose of Talkn' out of Your A$$ medicine...

is seriously lacking in creativity and should be improved upon in the next exchange.

carry on.

I guess I don't see the humor in incorrect information... Sorry dude. :confused:

It's for the same reason that I don't watch Fox news.

Watch comedy...full of sarcasm that's not necessarily accurate.

Lay off of politics...makes you look stupid.

(Not for bashing FOX news, mind you, but for leaving the impression that there's actually ANY reliable national news. you still in college? lol)

for leaving the impression that there's actually ANY reliable national news
Yeah, really... Hey - as long as we know what's going on in Hollywood and who's ****ing who. That's all that really matters, right?

Wow People, tyler is not gonna sleep tonight over this. ahhh interwebs people.
LETS EAT SOME KOOL PILLS DERREL! or eat your own "a$$ medecine".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back