Lens Mount - any way to fix ?

This was with the 150-600, so a long lens, thus putting much more torque on the lens mount. If I had a small lens on it I don't think anything would have happened.

I also went against 2 of my rules .. put the camera'lens on the ground (it can't fall down if it's on the ground) and take the camera off the lens (I actually was off searching for the body and lens cap when this happened to take them apart).

oh well, I've been wanting the D750 since it came out. I had to upgrade my LIghtRoom from v4.4 to v6 too.

You wanted a D750, so you just made an excuse to get a new camera didn't you? Hehe. I'm just kidding.

Well hopefully you can get the D600 repaired and have a back up body or sell it get some money back for the D750 purchase. But backup bodies are good to have for situation likes this.
I had my d7000 for a backup for years and never used it. If you are a Pro and shooting paid shoots all the time I recommend a backup body. But otherwise it's just depreciating camera gear sitting around doing nothing. If I get the d600 converted to full spectrum it will have a completely different use. I'm hoping the oil will come again and get a d610 out of it .. who knows, I'll figure it out if the repair is somewhat inexpensive.

My D7000 was doing the same thing, just sitting in my bag. Sold it and much happier I don't see it sitting there not getting any use anymore. Plus the backpack is a lot lighter without it and the two lenses that went with it. Unless you are a pro and need the 2nd regular body it's kind of pointless to have two of them.

I dropped my D3100 at the top of the stairs and watched it bounce off every step. I thought it and the lens (24MM 2.8 Ais w/chip) were done for but no apparent damage and it's been working fine for the 4 or 5 months since.

I'll bet you had it set to ISO 200. Had it been set to ISO 1600, it would have trashed both the camera and lens. This has now been proven a fact. :biglaugh:

Not that you could tell the difference but I'm very confused now.

This builtin Wifi is surprisingly nice.
Take a picture, transfer to cell phone .. do some editing with the iPhone's s/w which isn't too bad but very flexible. Then post to Facebook or here or elsewhere.

Wow ... gotta say I'm impressed simply because the reduction of time to post nicely detailed and lightly edited pics from time of the shot to where ever.

If I was doing paid sports photography I would be able to sell prints within a very short time frame as ppl were leaving, theoretically.

Ouch :( a bad day for a camera indeed but sounds like you've found a happy resolution to your problem in a new shiny camera!

..............or .. is this is indirect continuation of another thread that has been locked twice so far.

On advice of counsel, I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all the rights and privileges afforded to me by the Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
fiufiu.gif

Mod senses tingling!

Ouch :( a bad day for a camera indeed but sounds like you've found a happy resolution to your problem in a new shiny camera!

..............or .. is this is indirect continuation of another thread that has been locked twice so far.

On advice of counsel, I hereby invoke and refuse to waive all the rights and privileges afforded to me by the Fifth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
fiufiu.gif

Mod senses tingling!
Yeah but he got to shoot with a stunning chap, not all bad....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This is one of the last photos before it got broke.
For some reason I think it's related to the accident
View attachment 122471
@jcdeboever

So you sell this photo for use in Stranger Danger campaigns to offset the cost of the new camera.

Brilliant!
How did you know ?

Trump has already bought it for $6 Million dollars. He apparently is going to use it for part of his campaign. I think he thought it was some type of missile/bazooka.

I thought I would now make an offer for Nikon since they are just on the verge of closing their doors. :)

When I damaged the mount on my Df it was $300 to repair from nikon. Only way to know is to send it in.

When I damaged the mount on my Df it was $300 to repair from nikon. Only way to know is to send it in.
That is reasonable considering. Though it's total value is under $900 it would still make a great backup camera (or conversion to Full Spectrum).

I just contacted Midwest camera (in Wyandotte, MI) to get an online quote as they are in my area, so no shipping costs and they are an Authorized Nikon dealer. I just found that out the other day looking at Nikon's website.

That is reasonable considering. Though it's total value is under $900 it would still make a great backup camera (or conversion to Full Spectrum).

I just contacted Midwest camera (in Wyandotte, MI) to get an online quote as they are in my area, so no shipping costs and they are an Authorized Nikon dealer. I just found that out the other day looking at Nikon's website.

Well if nothing else if they want too much to repair it maybe sell it on Ebay as is for repair. I'm often surprised at how much cameras in need of repair will actually sell for on Ebay.

Well if nothing else if they want too much to repair it maybe sell it on Ebay as is for repair. I'm often surprised at how much cameras in need of repair will actually sell for on Ebay.
I looked at those .. all under $400. but some more minor than my issue.

Well the more local Nikon authorized repair place told me to send it into nikonusa

Most likely the mirror box is broken, it would be best to send to Nikon for service. We have found when this part is broken usually there is more damage and sometimes a broken body casting.

Hey I found my lens and body cap.
It's right where I left them after it finally dawned on me.

I should tell them that there's oil splatter too lol

Most reactions

Back