Lensbaby

kelox said:
I'm stuck trying to decide which to get the 1.0 or the 2.0. Not that great a difference in lens, but a $54 difference in price. HELP!!!!!!

was thinking the exact same thing, can anyone say the 2.0 is so much better?

I'd buy the 2.0 just for the extra stops.

bace said:
I'd buy the 2.0 just for the extra stops.

yea good point, thats probably the main reason to go with the 2.0 looking at the site. If i can get the extra cash i'll go for it.

Well, LensbabySam isn't here to help, but I will offer this up: the 2.0 not only offers the extra stops BUT is apparently an overall improvement in design. I never played with the other model, but I can say changing the rings is a breeze on the 2.0. :thumbup:

If you want to be able to move quickly in the field it's probably worth ponying up the money - it will help so much in the long run.

It's just a great design, beautifully made. Can ya tell I'm a fan? :lol:

terri said:
Well, LensbabySam isn't here to help, but I will offer this up: the 2.0 not only offers the extra stops BUT is apparently an overall improvement in design. I never played with the other model, but I can say changing the rings is a breeze on the 2.0. :thumbup:

If you want to be able to move quickly in the field it's probably worth ponying up the money - it will help so much in the long run.

It's just a great design, beautifully made. Can ya tell I'm a fan? :lol:

I agree with terri, and I too love this little gadget. Really hard to put down and see things normal. It's really great for portraits too with the F8 disc. Can't beat it for the money and to me... it has really good glass.

JohnMF said:
can you replicate the effect of a Lensbaby using photoshop?
I'd say it's like infrared. You can get something that looks like it if you aren't really familiar with what's going on, but to get a true duplication would take a lot of custom effort. By tilting the lens you can change the focal plane angle. That's not easily duplicated with masks and filters if there's any kind of complexity to the scene.

Archangel said:
was thinking the exact same thing, can anyone say the 2.0 is so much better?

The LB 2 is WELL worth the extra $50. Aside from better glass, they way you change f stops is much better, not to mention it is faster and can shoot at f2

Thanks wally, i'll prob save for that one then ...... unless i can think of a way of winning this months challenge!........ unlikely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back