let's really depress me

hahahah ok :D:D I have to write you down to my list :) you are number 1 :)

The timing was horrible since I was in the process of separating from my ex-husband but I met the love of my life here on the forum. We were both on the forum for nearly a year when Chase, his wife, Traci and I went out to scout for the Joshua Tree trip. Michael decided to camp out there and meet us all for a little scouting. Nothing special happened but I did notice he had a killer smile. I wasn't looking to get involved with anyone but that one meeting was enough for us to become fast friends. We talked online for a couple of weeks and then started talking on the phone. Since he lived nearly 400 miles away from me, I wasn't sure what would happen but I know that we just clicked. It wasn't long before it was really obvious that something really special was developing. Somehow, even with the distance between us, we managed to fall in love. He quit his job and moved all the way to Southern California so that we could be together. Even though we are still learning about each other, everyday I find something new that I love about him. :lovey:

Scurra said:
The only slight hitch with this is I'm totally head over heels in love with her, when she's about i'm smiling like an idiot and feeling great and then when she's gone I feel like someone has ripped out my heart and is playing soccer with it.

dude, that isn't just a slight hitch. :meh:

this is true... ah well I'll try and sort it all out after my finals... Until then I had better steer clear of anything sharp or toxic.

Well, for those of you that don't know, AlisonPower and I met right here on the forum.

I was living in South Carolina and she was in New Hampshire when I joined the forum. I wasn't looking to meet anyone here, just to move forward in my level of photography and the community here was a perfect place, full of great people. After shedding my shyness, I started posting regularly and noticed Alison's photography in particular. I found myself looking to see what kind of work was coming to the forum next. After a while, and some flirting in the website section, I sent her a link to a website that, for some reason, reminded me of her kind of humor. One night we sent a few Private messages back and forth and found out that we were a LOT alike which eventually led to us chatting online for 14 hour sessions many nights. Another thing I found out is that it was hard to breathe without some sort of contact with her. That and neither of us could hold down any food being apart. I lost around 30 pounds. I had to be here with her and, luckily, she felt the same way. So I packed up my car and made the 21 hour drive. Meeting her in person was better than anything I could've ever imagined. Her and her boys are the lights in my eye that make me happy to wake up in the morning and I'm thankful everyday that I am lucky enough to have them.

That's about it. :mrgreen:

hobbes28 said:
Another thing I found out is that it was hard to breathe without some sort of contact with her.
I believe it to be caused by an exotic alkaloid (a bit like opium) that girls secrete to trap their prey... sorry, soul mates. As it's addictive you have to keep getting a fix or go cold turkey (and they are no fun in bed)
I'm working on isolating it so I can produce an antidote... but if I do I'm not going to share it because the rest of you guys would miss out on so much fun! :mrgreen:

Hertz van Rental said:
I believe it to be caused by an exotic alkaloid (a bit like opium) that girls secrete to trap their prey... sorry, soul mates. As it's addictive you have to keep getting a fix or go cold turkey (and they are no fun in bed)
I'm working on isolating it so I can produce an antidote... but if I do I'm not going to share it because the rest of you guys would miss out on so much fun! :mrgreen:

It's not just us girls... there's something that you guys secrete as well. How else do you explain the dry mouth, pounding heart and roaring sounds in my ears that kept me damned near disfunctional when Michael wasn't online or on the phone? You guys have just as big of a trap... ahem... lure as us girls do. :heart: Don't worry about the antidote. I'm WAY too happy to even think about "curing" this. :mrgreen:

I met my fiance in microbiology class during my undergraduate. We instantly became friends, but it was bad timing for anything else--I was still married to my exwife, or trying hard to be. In fact my exwife met Katie once, became very jealous and instantly hated her--there was some kind electricity btwn us or something. Everytime we went anywhere together, everyone always assumed we were dating. We kept hanging out at school untill we both graduated in 2001.

Fast forward 2 years and my truly toxic relationship with my ex finally ended when she was "man" enough to admit she had been cheating on me for several years, and was in fact leaving me to marry her new man (thank the lord.) So my daughter and I made it out unscathed and set up our own happy home.

Not 2 weeks after the divorce was final, who did I run into at the store but Katie. Come to find out she had broken up with her boyfriend right after we met, and hadn't dated anyone over the past 4 years--she was waiting for me. I knew at the moment she was absolutely the one for me. A year and a half later, and almost exactly 2 months until the wedding Katie was proven she knew best about us, and I am unbelievably in love with this woman. She loves me, she loves my daughter-- I couldn't ask for anything more. http://www.katieandrobert.blogspot.com

CKAdjusted.jpg

Now that is a great story, you sound really happy, I wish I had that... good luck to you both.

ferny said:
I can't say anything so I'll just go :thumbsup:

Scurra said:
Now that is a great story, you sound really happy, I wish I had that... good luck to you both.

Thanks guys! It's been amazing--learning to be with someone that loves you unconditionally (instead of just saying they do) has been a truly eye-opening experience. She humbles me with her amazing heart :heart: almost every day. :lovey:

I knew she deserved something special in the way of a proposal, so I pulled out all the stops.

I conspired with her managers at work to put her on the schedule for the target weekend (but not really). I booked a flight, reserved a hotel, rented a car all without her knowing (an accomplishment given we have a joint checkign account!) She went in to work for a staff meeting before her shift and the managers sent her home instead. She calls me up to tell me about her unexpected night off, and I tell her she needs to start packing!! She was SO surprised!

We flew out to San Francisco, and drove up into Napa Valley where we went on a horseback ride in a vineyard at the Roche Winery. It was there at the top of the hill, with the vineyard laid out before us that I proposed to her. You can read all about our trip in nauseating detail on our wedding blog. LOL!

Now she has a story she loves to tell when people ask her how I proposed! :mrgreen:

So lets hear those engagement stories! How did YOU (or your fiance) pop the question?? :hugs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back