Levels of photography from Ken Rockwell - which are yOU?

Did anyone else miss that this was a satirical joke? I personally can't stand most of what Ken says (but some is infact not only informative but also correct), however I get the feeling that some are taking this seriously :p

Did anyone else miss that this was a satirical joke? I personally can't stand most of what Ken says (but some is infact not only informative but also correct), however I get the feeling that some are taking this seriously :p

I didn't take it seriously, but I think rockwell assumes that he is infallible in the humor department. He takes himself seriously through the rest of his site so it's hard for me to fully gauge him. If you want a funny photographer, go to the junk store camera section of http://www.merrillphoto.com

I'm whatever level is higher than that of Ken Rockwell. Sorry, he's an idiot. I hope I didn't overstate that.

I'm whatever level is higher than that of Ken Rockwell. Sorry, he's an idiot. I hope I didn't overstate that.

:lmao:

I read something by Ken Rockwell quite some time ago. I forget exactly what the article was, but it was enough to earn www.kenrockwell.com a spot on my "never click those links" list.

oooo i move around between 5,6 and 7.....how sad is that.....but yeah, it takes all kinds doesnt it?

i've seen his site before.....the guy is a balloon really.

Going on about numerous cameras he doesn't own.

Boasting that he invented the world's first chip (or something)

Claiming to have chatted with camera technicians and both having a laugh that the resolution doesn't matter but what does is how quick you can adjust a setting.

What a pillock!!

At very long shutter speeds, like 30 seconds, you will almost never get sharp photos hand-held, regardless of having VR. It's never 0.00%. Shoot enough and you might get lucky and get a sharp one, even at really long speeds

Had to add this.......is he talking from experience?
Can he get a pin sharp 30second exposure????
He must have since he claims it's never 0.00%

I'd bet my shots handheld at even 10seconds would be 0.0000000% sharp!!!!!!!

Maybe we're missing something though???
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Ooooooh.... he uses the zone system. I bet that's how he picks up women at bars.

So how can you tell the difference between an artist and someone who just thinks they're an artist because they never show anyone their work? I think this question should have a punch line, but I'm not up for it.

I did a search and found this thread...

Who is Ken Rockwell anyways?

I see a lot of jealousy/envy in this thread.. I'll bet KR could out talk/out shoot most here that talk nothing but shiat about him. I find it humorous.. I'm sure there are better than him on here, Shea being one of them, maybe Big Mike, JerryPH and possibly others, but he's pretty much obsessed with photography, and you can't help but get good when it's your life..

I think he's a geek, but he's no idiot. He also seems biased toward one brand of camera, but that doesn't detract from his fact-based reviews, nor his opinion based reviews..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back