Like 1500 megapixel

what camera was used?

I see on there home page they sell some automated deal that is sort of robotic that does the work for you.

Was this taken with film?

Digital just records what it sees---therefor it would need to be many uber zoomed picture made into one---but with film its recording whats there through the optics....either way---thats amazing how clear the detail was. With a bit more zoom, youd probaly be able to read the names of the cameras them people had.

That's not true at all-- film has a "resolution" as well, defined by the number of grains on a given piece. That's why larger format films can record more detail, etc, and why high-ISO film with larger, therefore fewer, individual grains, record far less detail than low ISO films.

That's pretty cool. Anyone ever see THIS? 9X18 film scanned and processed resulting in a single exposure 4 GIGApixel image. Look in the gallery. I love this one. If you go to the bottom, you can see the fence. This one allows you to see each face in the stadium pretty well. Quite nuts.

Last edited:
Go directly behind Dick Cheney about 4 people, notice the black lady's big goofy bow hat .

That is Aretha Franklin!!
I can see Beonce and Jay-Z, Jon Bon Jovi, Al Gore, the Clinton's Bush Sr. and wife, Newt Gingritch (sp), that was cool!

so much detail! its awesome, how do they do that?

i want everything on that center stand :)

On that center stand, whats the huge Canon lens. Its at the top and second from the left, next to the black lens. It's very similar to the one on the far right side of the entire picture.

That's really amazing. I did something similar doing a panorama of downtown Charlotte, NC. I zoomed in to 135 mm and took 95 pictures and stitched them together. Enough detail to see individual leaves in office building from 1/2 mile away

~Michael~

There is two people with medium or large format cameras. One guy is behind, on the level above obama right near a broadcast camera and some satellite dishes and the other is on the lower row on the right (facing the camera taking this picture) wearing blue. yo yo ma is snaping a shot with his iphone. where are jay z and beyonce

That's not true at all-- film has a "resolution" as well, defined by the number of grains on a given piece. That's why larger format films can record more detail, etc, and why high-ISO film with larger, therefore fewer, individual grains, record far less detail than low ISO films.

So....do you think this was film? Maybe not 35mm but like 120 or something? (havent got to much into 120 yet. Im still figuring out the basics of photography)

So....do you think this was film? Maybe not 35mm but like 120 or something? (havent got to much into 120 yet. Im still figuring out the basics of photography)

This image was created from hundreds or thousands of images stitched together.

I have four images on gigapan that I created the same way, although none of them are as large as this one.

Amazing really, there is an extremely grand, detailed photograph of such a important moment in American history, and most people are lusting after big lenses in the press stand...

Anyway, this is pretty cool. It's great to see that this can be done with any compact camera, and it's great to see such an important moment captured with such detail.

There is half a head floating there..hahahah...

look at obama then you see Bush a few rows back are the clintons then to their left about 5 people and one row back is some guy sitting there and then half of a head.. sitting there... just thought that was funny..

also aretha franklin has a goatee or well it looks like it kindof

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back