Monolight suggestions?

Oh no way man! By all means! Point me in a direction here! I'm not 1/2 bad when using natural light and what not, but lights (other than a flash) are honestly something that's fairly new to me.
And yes, I was using a light meter and using the histograms on my camera, and even with the power stopped down, they just exposed way too bright. These were with shooting a couple, shooting a group was fine.
But, again, I have no ego what so ever :) I'm here to learn!

A quick tip - if you want your back ground to be white, it should be 2 stops brighter than your subject, similiarly if you want it to be black, it should be 2 stops darker.

Try to find a book with photos and pictures of the light setup. I have one called "Lighting for portrait photography" by Steve Bavister.

The problem with light kits is that there are always more heads to buy - i am salivating over a grid diffuser at the moment.

i have alien bees, and though i haven't tested for it, i've been known to set up some extremely drastic ratios. i haven't seen any colour shifting, i get a pretty consistent silvery light.

that said, i freakin' love them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back