Mountain shot in peak district - C&C PLEASE!

ShaCow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
shacow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, went for a walk with the dog.

Does this work for you?

(excuse me if it seems under exposed... I cant calibrate my laptop screen correctly :()

please C&C!

Attachments

• $blah.jpg
    $blah.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 104
The sky is going almost black at the top ... which is not what it would be like in nature, I think...
Was this done in HDR-technique or with the use of a polariser?
The ground is well exposed and the sky is so dark ... so something does feel a bit unbalanced to me.

But what a wonderful area to walk the dog in! Do you have to have him hop on the car and go far before you can walk there?

Ah I see what you mean about the top of the sky, this was done using hdr, although I didnt actually braket shoot it.. I just played with the raw...

It takes about an hour and a half to get there from my house, I went in my camper for a few days a couple of weeks back and it was great. Im thinking of going back up there pretty soon :)

thanks for the comment

I won't comment on the HDR treatment as I usually don't like it and LaFoto already did. I usually really like the portrait orientation for landscape shots but here I don't think it works very well, probably because you placed the horizon right in the middle of the picture. I can't decide wether the subject of the photo is the sky or the landscape. I would try to include less sky and include something interesting in the foreground (such as a boulder or a plant...) at the bottom of the picture.

Also next time you go there, try to take shots with a polariser and/or a ND grad filter on the sky to avoid the HDR treatment. Compare them with your HDR pictures and see which ones you prefer.

I dont have a polariser, or a nd grad im afraid... and to get one in 77mm, is going to cost me something stupid like £70 each...

I do however have a set of cokin p series ND filters... I just cant seem to afford the grad ones...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back