Mousepads: Do we need to coexist with them?

I've never had a computer, hence my need to use a mouse is somewhat diminished.

I hand write most of these posts.
:lol: Well actually I just think and my posts appear. Im amazed you still have ti use your hands.

Update:

It's now been close to 90 days living without a mousepad for the first time ever in my life.

The experiment is over.

Ranking the level of satisfaction I derive from not using a mousepad - on a scale of 1 to 10 - is an easy 11.

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. My table is devoid of ancillary junk items, items like paper or whatever else you could imagine. All I have on my table are 5 essential items:

1) keyboard
2) mouse
3) router
4) modem
5) speakers

There are zero restrictions or encumberments when manipulating my mouse sans mousepad. There is zero friction, no reluctance or hesitation during the manipulation process. The manueverability factor is very user friendly.

In retrospect, having a mousepad on my tabletop - the look of said mousepad on my tabletop - was like having a bedspread with Bugs Bunny and Woody the Woodpecker portrayed on it. It's not that bad. But something like that is geared more for children.

For an adult, I would now deem the mousepad a tad dorky, borderline tacky. My computer table, minus mousepad, now looks cleaner, sleeker, more streamlined like a jet airplane.

Not having a mousepad gives me more freedom.

I no longer have to waste time going to the store to buy a new one every 6-8 months. Nor do I have to waste time ordering one online. Freedom is my religion. I like not wasting time. I like having more time to practice my religion the way I want to practice freedom as opposed to having it dictated to me by circumstance. I once met a hot woman while shopping for a mousepad. There are many other ways for a man to meet a woman. Such is the glory that freedom brings to man.

I'll never go back to using a mousepad. To do so would be ridiculous. Life is too short to spend time in a state of ridicule. To do so would be a sin against my religion.

Update:

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse. My table is devoid of ancillary junk items, items like paper or whatever else you could imagine. All I have on my table are 5 essential items:

1) keyboard
2) mouse
3) router
4) modem
5) speakers

My mousepad is the only clear space I have on my table, if I didn't have it all the junk I keep there would encroach so as to make mousing impossible. :lol:

I find that mouse pads can cause problems with optical & laser mice. We have people at work that like to complain about their mouse pointer jumping randomly across the screen. Those are the people that have the mouse pads that are covered in graphics and have tons of contrast between areas and that's what causes them to jump.

I still use one - I like the feel of it. It's one of the neoprene ones, very soft.

While I wouldn't call it high contrast (actually, the contrast is pretty low), it has Van Gogh's Starry Night on it. Never had any problems with tracking. My mouse will track just fine on my desk too, but my desk isn't very smooth so I don't like mousing (?) directly on it.

(Optical mouse, BTW.)

I don't keep my desk surface clean or smooth enough for my mouse to work without the pad. And I think even if I did, it's already become too much of a habit. I like to know that there is a certain part of my desk that is reserved only for mouse space. It makes sure I don't put papers or anything else in that area. If I move the pad, then clutter could easily take its place.

using a mouse sucks.

logitec trackman FTW!!1!

I've proven that my Microsoft optical mouse isn't nearly as accurate on other surfaces and, besides, the materials that the "feet" of the mouse are made of are formulated with the assumption that you will be like most normal people and use a mouse pad.. It's formulated to glide smoothly on neoprene or nylon or plastic, not laminate or shellac...

Seems to me simply a desire to be a rebel by not using a mouse pad, as it hurts nothing, and you can even get ones like I have with a gel wrist-rest to help prevent carpal tunnel... What's the logic behind not using one when they're given away as promos by just about every company, and you can purchase a top of the line mouse pad/wrist rest for under $10?

I've proven that my Microsoft optical mouse isn't nearly as accurate on other surfaces and, besides, the materials that the "feet" of the mouse are made of are formulated with the assumption that you will be like most normal people and use a mouse pad.. It's formulated to glide smoothly on neoprene or nylon or plastic, not laminate or shellac...

Seems to me simply a desire to be a rebel by not using a mouse pad, as it hurts nothing, and you can even get ones like I have with a gel wrist-rest to help prevent carpal tunnel... What's the logic behind not using one when they're given away as promos by just about every company, and you can purchase a top of the line mouse pad/wrist rest for under $10?

Well, if in 5 years I've never had any issues that you seem to insinuate that one will get if they don't use a mousepad, why would I add another obtrusive, annoying accessory to my desk?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back