Must Have Photographers Equipment ???

Thank you for all of the posts... I have a nikon 80-200mm 2.8.. that I bought used for 500.00 Sweet deal. I thought...

Thank you for the advice. I have to say I have learned a ton of technical stuff from this site and I really appreciate it. Today is cloudy so I cant go shooting... Next sunny day Im going to shoot and then post. :)

I dont think there is ever a bad time to take photos :)

Couple of important things missing in your list:

GOOD UV filters or Haze filters to protect your lenses (not cheap $12 one's, if a UV filter isn't costing you $50 or more it probably isn't actually CLEAR).

A good tripod and head -- don't skimp here!

A bag to carry your gear in

Cleaning supplies

A graphics tablet and pen

A way to set your monitor profile

Better to buy a hood to protect your lens than use UV filters.

I agree with the rest, particularly a monitor calibration tool.

With that big lens I'd suggest a monopod I have the same lens and I rarely use it without one. Also get a colapsable reflector, a tripod, the electronic shutter release for the camera, a good circular polarizer for each lens or a converter so one polarizer will fit on each lens. And if you really want to continue to enjoy photography stay away from weddings!!!! ;)

Wedding photographers prefer this type of light. Everyone else likes the sun.

meh...that's a little generalized...i'm both a portrait and wedding photog (though mostly portrait) so I can safely say that I like using both cloudy days (almost stormy is always cool) and late late in the afternoon, both for portraits and wedding stuff.

Better to buy a hood to protect your lens than use UV filters.

One day in a surprise wind was enough for me to change from a similar viewpoint.

I keep a filter on my lenses at all times. Some things a hood doesn't protect from. I'd rather have to replace a $70 filter than a $1,200 lens.

That way, when some kid at the park tosses some sand in the air, I don't have to worry about being downwind from it.

Off Shoe flash is always good for weddings. And a diffuser is a must.

One day in a surprise wind was enough for me to change from a similar viewpoint.

I keep a filter on my lenses at all times. Some things a hood doesn't protect from. I'd rather have to replace a $70 filter than a $1,200 lens.

That way, when some kid at the park tosses some sand in the air, I don't have to worry about being downwind from it.

Doubtful there'll be much wind at a wedding ceremony. Unless a UV filter is multicoated, I wouldn't use it. Flare is evil.

also, someone mentioned direct flash being bad . . . . not true, you just have to know how to use it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back