My first flash

mwinterlin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am am in the market to buy a manual flash for my camera. Any recommendations? I want something i can fire from my hotshoe for now as fill then use for strobist work down the road more when i get more gear.

Ive used my friends speedlite yn560 (Amazon) and really enjoyed it. Great fill light, fast recharge, and at $70 hard to beat. Does anybody have any recommendations/tips?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Best advice I can give you in your situation is to stay away from that knockoff Chinese garbage flash. You're rolling the dice every time you try to shoot with it. Stay name brand with whatever system you're using.

I'm not going to suggest what model to go buy, as you know your needs better than anyone on this forum. Basic research on the product lines from both Canon and Nikon will tell you what you need to know. For me, the Nikon SB700 was the right choice, but I don't need most of the features on the higher models since I'm not interested in the Creative Lighting System from Nikon...

Good luck with your selection!

Thanks!! What is a good price for an entry-level hotshoe flash?

You are always better off with OEM... if you want reliability! Althought the Vivitar 283 / 285's have been around for ever, and they are very reliable.

If you are using a Canon, I'd recommend the 430EX.

Althought the Vivitar 283 / 285's have been around for ever, and they are very reliable.

I use the YN560s all the time without a hitch.

Most reactions

Back