My First Photo with Flash.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the compo on the reshoot. The dark area to the left should be cropped out though. Just a tad. IMHO

pfft now you're just copying the ideas of others! I mean come on every student of photography knows that image - its one of the greats - come on really stretch the boundaries and create something new and unique. Something that says something about you or your vision rather than just an imitation of someone elses

OK, so i took your advice and did a reshoot. I lowered my ISO to 50, and used Electrical Tape as a diffuser. Man what a difference!

(snip)

I do think it's a little flat this time. I really liked the high contrast in the first image. Also I think the mood has totally changed now. I did frame it a little different, to follow the rule of thirds. Better?

This is fantastic. It's not so much a reshoot, as it is taking the theme in a completely new direction. Definitely keep going in this direction, it's going to take you places. :thumbup:

best thread ever.

thanks bj. :D

OK, so i took your advice and did a reshoot. I lowered my ISO to 50, and used Electrical Tape as a diffuser. . .

Terrible!!! Where did you get the electrical tape!?! The mark-down bin at the 99 cent store? You were closer with the first picture.

F#@kin noob... waisting my time.

now now there's no need to get like that.
Noobs will be noobs - we can't stop that - we just have to keep trying to beat it into their little heads till they understand just what the heck they are supposed to do

Dude. Horrible Shot. Great attempt, but no. You NEED to work on your key light. Bring a stop up from the fill. That's why you're getting those harsh shadows. As far as composition. ehhhh....it could be better.

I love the idea though. Keep it up. As far as another suggestion....you ever try to use a CTO Gel with your flash???

pfft now you're just copying the ideas of others! I mean come on every student of photography knows that image - its one of the greats - come on really stretch the boundaries and create something new and unique. Something that says something about you or your vision rather than just an imitation of someone elses

Too much study... not enough blind experimentation

oh and one more thing... "meh" :er:

but awesome job keep shooting :thumbup:

MrRamon, I did get the electrical tape at the 99cent store. I knew it was cheap, so I used three layers of tape to maximize the diffusion properties.

I played around with another image from the second attempt. Let me know if I took the post processing too far. I felt that the vignetting helped focus your attention on the subject, and that the sepia toning gave the image a really old feel. I don't think I over sharpened it, and doing some noise reduction after sharpening helped a lot.

Untitled-2.jpg

I like the vignette, but I'm not a fan of the sepia...

I think the sepia is really showing off the terrible banding that you have in that shot :( tone it down a bit

I don't see any banding. You're crazy.

Feel free to edit my photo. You could maybe circle this fictitious banding you claim to see.

Gel your flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WB is off on the last one. Nice perspective, but I would've gotten a little lower. Try reshooting it during the golden hour.

Most reactions

Back