My wedding kit (that I'm gonna buy)

What is so bad about editing two different types?
A jpeg is a jpeg and photoshop camera raw can process both canon and nikon raw files?

I am just saying, if it was me....I wouldn't want to handle two different types of RAW files. In fact, I would prefer to have all the RAW's out of the same type of body even. But if they were at least all from the same system, then the editing would be that much quicker. Editing a few hundred photos is bad enough when you are trying to make it worth your time. Its all about workflow unless you can actually get paid for every hour you spend at the computer editing. Your mileage may very though.

What is so bad about editing two different types?
A jpeg is a jpeg and photoshop camera raw can process both canon and nikon raw files?

Technically yes...

but realistically.... raw files from different cameras will require different adjustments. You'll in essence need to manage two workflows... depending on which camera. Lenses render differently. Sensors render differently. If you shoot jpeg (yuk), then the internal processing of the cameras will be different. The size of the files will be different. If you shoot in a location that prevents the use of flash (church), then the amount of noise reduction will be different. Often... even after all your hours of effort, the final result will still be a lack of fluid consistency from frame to frame.

From equipment wise:

You can't share batteries.
You can't share lenses.
You can't share flash systems.
ISO for his camera will be slightly different than yours.
WB for his camera can be slightly different from yours.
You'll have to burn more business expense to double up Canon and Nikon duplicates. (1 macro lens instead of buy two Canon and Nikon)
You can't share backup camera bodies.

From a business standpoint, you do what is good for the business... setting personal preferences aside. I wish the both of you luck... but success in that business is all about that... business... One such decision should be to decide on the require equipment for the business. If not... wedding competition is going to eat you alive.

Thanks for the advice... I will for sure give this some serious thought. (We plan to be in business together for a while, the work flow and hardware points are some serious considerations we have to make.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back