Need help picking a new lens

Sorry, but I've about had it with this thread!

Why does it seem that almost everyone under the age of 18 has a chip on their shoulder, wants to be spoonfed, and resents getting answers to the question they asked for when they post a question like this?

If they don't like our answers, then don't ask the question....simple as that.

"Help me pick a new lens, What lens should I get, I don't want that one, Google it for me, yadda yadda yadda...."

Kid, why don't you get your mommy to find you a new lens, so when you smart off to her she can slap you.

Several people here really tried to be nice, you wouldn't let them. If you know it all, WHY ASK?

And I completely respect the people who acted nice and helped me out. I simply asked for any other places that sell for cheaper then 199. I don't get why everyones rags are wet here.

And I completely respect the people who acted nice and helped me out. I simply asked for any other places that sell for cheaper then 199. I don't get why everyones rags are wet here.

If you need to know, you could look it up like others are doing for you. If they can do it, so can you.

Saving $15.00 to buy from a place with a bad rep isn't worth the money you will save by not buying from Adorama, B&H, KEH, or your local Wolf Camera.

Some of those places that advertise for cheap do so for a reason - to get you to let them scam you when you fall for the cheap.

You get what you pay for, or you pay for what you get....

I believe that all of these places I just mentioned have already been suggested to you, and you continue to ask.

Buying camera equipment from ANYONE other than those I just mentioned will be a case of "Caveat Emptor".

And you can Google that if you don't know what it means.

Ask the questions, but don't get others to do all the work for you so you learn to do for yourself.

No wet rag here anymore so than you have a defensive attitude when you don't like an honest answer to a question you have asked.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The new 35mm 1.8 Nikon lens is pretty hot when it came out. It is hard to find a place to sell it at a discount price. $200 is the street price for that lens. Few months ago, most of the shops cannot even keep it in stock.

And you really need to do some research yourself and learn more about photography as well as camera gears. If you do not know what lens to get, then you should not buy a new lens now.

Wait > Learn > research .... Then you should know what you need to get next.

However, if you are just want to replace the broken lens, you can look for the same lens (used). I am sure a lot of them out there. If you really want to buy the 35mm F/1.8 lens, you need to know about the limitation of the lens. In fact, every lens has pros and cons.

Really, do more research, find out more about the lens. And when you bump into something that you do not understand, feel free to ask here. I am sure most of the people will be happy to assist you.

^^ Nice post, Dao ^^

Most of us are willing to help someone who also wants to help themselves.

Would be willing to bet that 30% on the posts here on TPF are about what lens to get, or what camera, Canon or Nikon. Ford vs. Chevy, Chevy vs. Ford....

A little reading of older postings would eliminate a large percentage of duplicate threads on subjects that have already been covered more than once.

Most reactions

Back