New at photography

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by TakenAptly, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TakenAptly

TakenAptly TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was taken with a different, really old and crappy point and shoot. I'm planning on eventually going back and getting a shot with the d40x

[​IMG]

Originals colors seemed a tad washed.. I tried to fix it a bit with an edit>

[​IMG]

2. ErectedGryphon

ErectedGryphon TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    That seems to be one busy rose!

I like #3, done with the "Crappy" P&S, don't change a thing, its great!

#1 I was like, hmm, a rose in the mess, interesting.

#2 just a bunch of dirty dishes. No interest at all.

#4 would be better with more of the skull showing, and not cropped off the frame.

3. syphlix

syphlix TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    with a rose

4. DScience

DScience No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    although I rarely ever like selective coloring, I think number one actually might be interesting.

I would recommend trying to do a do a selective color for the rose, and then make everything else extremely contrasty B&W, add some sharpening and a little tonal tweaking should make it look great!

EDIT: nvm, rose isn't in focus. :(

5. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    the only good one there, is the one with the "crappy Point and shoot"

6. Shine

Shine TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I love number 1. I love the juxtaposition between the sink full of dishes and the rose. The dishes scream "UGH!" while the rose silently whispers "ahhhhh...."

7. TakenAptly

TakenAptly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is another one of the skull with the whole thing in the shot, though I'm not sure about this one.

[​IMG]

But yeah I realize the rose is in a few, just try to forget that it's in multiple shots and concentrate on each individually :p I understand it looks repetitive though.

Yeah, I like that P&S picture as well.. & even though that shot is fine I'd still like to see what it would come out as with the newer camera

As for the dirty dishes.. I like minimalistic photos and thought it would make for a nice picture with the white sink and blue dishes if I added the red rose in there somewhere. Red/blue dishes/rose... I dunno, I like it =) I'll try to tweak it a bit on photoshop, it's un-edited now.

Here are two more P&S photos. Personally I find the 2nd one pretty bland but some people seem to like it.

(yeah I realize I could have toned down on that vignetting in the 2nd as well. I'll know better next time. Original is gone.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One more thing I'd like to add. Though I do say the point and shoot is crappy (Gotta smack on it and tug the lens to get it to come out then it goes off randomly.), all the pictures I have from it was from 1 day of boredom going out and taking pictures. (these included)

The d40s photos were all taken the first hour I had it.. I haven't had a chance to really go out and take some shots like I have with the other camera. Which is why there really isn't any variety just yet. All in all I've been taking pictures for about a month, and I've only went out and looked for shots once or twice.. Before that I'd never taken a picture in my life (no lie). I've got to say, it's a very fun hobby. I'm enjoying it a lot so far and I'm really looking forward to learning more on the subject. I wish I would have gotten interested long ago. Next time I have some time I'm going to go out and make a day of it and see what comes.

abstruse. This is the original from the p&s.

[​IMG]

I know that I have it set as photos are not ok to edit but if anyone wants to edit this shot in a way they feel is better then go ahead. I tried to get it as close to my imagination as possible in the edit but I'd like to see what someone else sees.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  8. TakenAptly

TakenAptly TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    So.. I somehow managed getting my camera ran over in the highway. Don't ask me how. I'm just horribly absent minded. I'll just say I left it on the back of a car.
    Needless to say, I was pretty bummed.

Worst night ever. I ended up looking all around the driveway, then finding it in the highway.. destroyed.