"New" camera!

AnnaBegins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I absolutely love my 1970s Minolta XD-11; it's beautiful, takes wonderful shots, I love the way it feels in my hands, and the sound of the shutter firing. It is truly the camera I imagined and wanted since childhood. However I recently picked up a little rangefinder at a flea market and found myself completely enamored!

v0TdR5s.jpg

It is a 1950s Voigtlander Vito III folding rangefinder. The woman at the flea market was asking $75. I recognized the brand so I was interested, pretty confident that it was a nice camera. I offered her $60 and she accepted, she really liked that I planned to use it. It was not until later when I looked it up online that I found out it is a fairly rare, highly sought after camera!

It is in amazingly good condition, all of the dials move well, the little bellows folds out and locks in place smoothly, the lens looks clear, and the leatherette is clean and tight. The only cosmetic blemish is a small dent on the top from the removable hotshoe attachment, which seems to be common. It even has the original leather case!

sO1kxfe.jpg

YKS1uqZ.jpg

So I ran a roll of Kentmere 400 B&W through it and was thrilled with the results!

j6ETXno.jpg

s27hOtJ.jpg

Note: the digital images are not the best, they are just pictures of the actual prints, I haven't gotten them scanned yet. The second one is of my mom!

~Anna

Isn't film just............. fun?

(I hope you have someone fix that exceedingly dangerous outlet hanging there.
z133.gif
)

That's nice... I have a Vito that's probably a later model (West Germany), not a folder but a nice little rangefinder, fun to use. Seems to be a great find and you got some nice pictures with it (and I like your photos of it!).

Very nice! I have a few like that in the collection but the bellows are trashed.

Very nice! I have a few like that in the collection but the bellows are trashed.
That was my primary fear. The woman had gotten it from a storage unit auction so I had no idea how long it had been sitting unused. But I don't see any light leaks in the pictures and I showed it to the guy at the lab where I take my film and he agreed that the bellows looked perfect!

I'm sad to do it but I'm tentatively considering selling it. My beloved cat needs dental surgery and I'm not sure how I will find the money.

That would be a shame, would they let you make payments? Hope you can work something out.

Most reactions

Back