New guy here, First Shots

USCGamecock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

Just got my D40 a few days ago and would love some polite C&C on them. I know its nothing amazing so I would just like to see if I've got the basics right. I did a little editing to them, just adjusting the colors. Anyways, thanks for having me here and let me know what you think! :mrgreen:

Thats a neat area you are shooting in. Nice exposures. I would experiment with changing your perspective while in that are, it might lend itself to some unique pictures...like getting low and shooting along that first log or something. Nice job overall.

Thats a neat area you are shooting in. Nice exposures. I would experiment with changing your perspective while in that are, it might lend itself to some unique pictures...like getting low and shooting along that first log or something. Nice job overall.

Cool! Thanks lockwood! Yea, I will be going back to there again, for sure. I was rushed because I had a bag of frozen okra I needed to get in the freezer baking in my car. :lol:

Nice, the only significant comment that I have to offer is the log in #1 is somewhat overbright along the top.

Nice job, I especially like the second one....the colors are great. I agree with the fact that maybe a different perspective or maybe a more shallow depth of field to focus more on one subject - but great start!

Thanks guys! Really appreciate the positive feedback. :)

Hi, I'm new here as well. I like the second one as well. The colors are even. Great shots!

Great pictures...

Nice shots.

Mmmmm.....okra...

homer-drool.gif

In the 1st shot, the lighting is way too harsh. Try shooting at a different time of day.

nice contrast for photo no.2

I prefer shot 2. Try getting really creative with your perspective, especially in a place like that.
What mode are you shooting on?

Thanks guys. And Alan, fried okra=heaven!!

Both of these were shot in manual mode, at about 3:30 or so.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back