New to Photgraphy

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, How's it going? Im 16 and I've always had a passion for photography. I've always loved it. However, I am quite the noob once it comes to it. Not to taking pictures, but to photography terms and what they mean. So during my stay here I wish to gain more knowledge, get some advice, learn some more techniques, and anything else useful!
Here are some of my picture that I have taken:

These are from France about a year ago:
belgium06013yy5.jpg

belgium06015ht0.jpg

belgium06023mx5.jpg

belgium06029kf5.jpg

These are from Belgium in July '07
p1000849ds1.jpg

(Oldest wall in Brugge)
p1000871mx8.jpg

p1000873vn4.jpg

p1000929nn9.jpg

p1000931fg8.jpg

p1000976rm0.jpg

p1010007hu9.jpg

And here is the last batch. Most recent photos:

p1010094ru8.jpg

p1010119fi2.jpg

p1010129dw8.jpg

p1010130yg9.jpg

Well those are some of my favorite select few. Please give me any advice, comments, anything. I am using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ7. Not using any lenses or anything. So please take the time to look at them and tell me what you think:)
One question. I'm having trouble taking pictures close up. And help would be appreciated. Thanks so much guys
Looking forward to see what you ahve to say! And don't be too hard on me, I'm only 16 with no experience. Haha
Thanks
-JR

Ok wow, Sorry. I didn't know they would be so big. Any help? I could resize them but that would take forever:/
Sorry for the double psot BTW

Welcome to the forum.

First lesson is to resize (and save a copy) your images before posting them. Most of these are way too big to see. Keep them to 800 pixels or smaller.

wow, you have a very nice perspective on those taller buildings.... quite often when people take that kind of pic, the building tends to taper out of proportion, but these have come out well, couldnt make out the larger ones, i host with http://www.photobucket.com and it resizes my pictures quite nicely!! to save them as a smaller file however, i just open in paint, and save as a JPG, amateurish, i know! does the job for on here tho!

Keep up the good work

Holy pixels Batman...those are some huge pictures. I liked what I could see. I saw that Wall in Brugge when I was there about 15 years ago, guess it wasn't as old then.:lol:

I sat in the middle of the first row of the worlds largest IMAX screen (at that time) in Sidney once (went to the one in Melbourne a few years later and they claimed to the largest) and the images weren't that large.

What Big Mike said, read the protocol. There are several threads and a few "stickys" that explain image size requirements and try again. I'd like to see what you have...seemed interesting but...

Yea, sorry guys. I really didn't know. I'll be sure to resize them when i get back. Thanks for all the comments though!
Looks like a didn't have a good first impression huh?:p
Oh well, No worries. Ill have it fixed very soon.
Sorry again guys

Horrible first impression, you will never be able to show your face around here again... lol

The paris photos looked good i thought, will be waiting on the resized belgiums

Ok guys, resized them
Once again, very sorry for the "images larger than IMAX";)
Hope you like them.
Any advice would be appreciated.
And need help on close-up picture, it never seems to focus.
Thanks!
-JR

Much better :D

And need help on close-up picture, it never seems to focus.
Practically every camera/lens has a minimum focus distance. If your subject is closer than that, you won't be able to focus on it. Also, when you do focus on something very close, the Depth of Field (distance from the camera that will be in focus) will be rather shallow...so you have to be careful that you focus on what you want to be sharp.

Thanks Big Mike, I'll keep that in mind!

Bump.
Would like some more C&C's please:)

Not using any lenses or anything.

No one else noticed this eh? :er:

Anyhow, they all seem okay. Do you have photoshop or Gimp? They all seem like they need a little editting and balancing. For the shots they are not very well exposed, limitations to camera most likely. The fourth picture is actually really good and a keeper. When i look at buildings i want to see them in their whole, the architect in me speaking there. Chopping off their foundations is painful to me, like showing half a person. As for the closeups, the camera should have somewhere minimum distance, if lens is built in, maybe try the manual. I actually liked the cat pictures and i bet they seem soft because the depth of field is a little shallow, so small an aperture where subject actually begins to lose focus.

Thanks for the advice Photoer.
Yes, I do have photoshop. I'll try and play around with it and see what I can make out of it:)
Thanks once again

Most reactions

New Topics

Back