Night shots by my house...kinda boring, maybe cool

jamagica

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So...I like these, but you guys judge yourselves. I mainly focused on interesting lighting. Day shots like these would make a blank canvas look better...without further ado...

Hm. What ISO did you shoot at?

And bigger images here would be nice.

these are thumbnails, click on them to see the full size...I shot at 800, 1600 and Hi...The noise is intentional..it makes me feel like a vintage photographer hahaha.

by the way, I'm already noticing the slight "natural skew" the first one has...I just rotated it a bit to the right and it changes the feel a lot..I'll post up that update soon

Unfortunately, digital sensor noise and film grain are different in effect. In the one colour shot you posted, the chroma noise really detracts from the image. What I believe you mean to get is contrast noise, and that can be used to emulate film grain, to an extent, so long as the image is converted to greyscale, but overall, my opinion is that that's a bad way to go about getting the effect. There are tutorials out there that provide methods to get close to film grain, though by far the best way I've found to emulate film grain is Silver Efex Pro.

Oh, and so it doesn't sound like I'm just railing on the technical details, I do like the lighting in the first. Kinda...can't quite put my finger on it. It is what it is; I like it. Perhaps spooky would be the best word.

ok..thanks! I definately understand the whole digital race and how it will never match up to film, but even so..I personally like the look..perhaps if I overlay the image with a subtle tint, the "distraction" will fade. What do you think about the first one, and the second, other than the lighting? Do you like them overall?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back