Nikon D50 Remote control

BubblePixel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I must be real dumb, cause I can't get the *** thing to work...

Is there a secret to this that I should know?:scratch:

(((help!))):blushing:

have you pressed the 'timer' button a few times (twice i think) to get it on the remote setting?...... once you've done that it should fire ok.

Geez, you really are an angel! :bigangel:

Thanks a bunch! :heart:

:mrgreen: .... no prob.... i think you've got three settings with that button.... the timer.... timer with the remote..... and instant fire with remote. ;)

Thanks again!!

I'm such a dork!:blushing:

And amazingly mine will also turn power ON/OFF on our Yamaha A/V receiver?

LWW

I attached the little case to the camera strap.

LWW

yeah! I loooooove it!! :thumbup:

I like it, however I do not enjoy the fact that it only reads from the front. I mainly use mine for night shots, and I dont want to be standing in front of the camera!

Find a reflective surface is front of the cam...it will usually reflect back.

I have also used a small plastic mirror that I rest on top of IF lenses.

LWW

That's what I plan on using it for too when I get one (hopefully within the next week or two). I'm guessing that's why the 2 second delay is there too... just to hit and get out of the way.

joyride said:
I like it, however I do not enjoy the fact that it only reads from the front. I mainly use mine for night shots, and I dont want to be standing in front of the camera!

you dont have to stand in front...... you can still use it from behind the camera but you have to hold the remote anywhere in front angled toward it.

I usually hold it out..... say 2 o'clock from where the camera is pointing... and it fires just fine..... as long as you hold it out far enough, you wont interfere with the shot. ;)

How far would you recommend? I know the D50 also has an option to use a 2 second delay when using the remote which should help in getting out of the way.

Archangel said:
..... as long as you hold it out far enough, you wont interfere with the shot. ;)

Most reactions

Back