NSFW - Railway Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not sorry. Even if its abandoned I dont want people glorifying it ( playing on tracks) and I have a right to my opinion.

Also, for those who didnt see the photo it wasnt NSFW it was false ad.

It wasn't a NSFW photo, but I think the OP was erring on the side of cautious, I don't think it was false or misleading.

I know it's not up to each individual to look at a posters thread count but I can see how the first few posts could drive a newbie off. Having said that the points in the first post were not untrue.

Internet forums can have a crap tone. If most went to a camera club as a guest for example (to give c+c) and someone presented the same photo for c+c to them, it might be mentioned the merits and failings of the photo, and likely brought up about dangers and legalities. It would in all likelihood be polite, but on a camera forum it's different, the tone can be fairly crappy

I saw the photo and didn't comment earlier, but I didn't really get why the subject was standing in the middle of tracks facing the other way dressed in a long wrap skirt/sarong; for me it just didn't work. The quality of the photo seemed done well enough although I just took a quick look. I think maybe the framing/composition could have been more effective with less space on both sides of the subject.

I thought from the name the OP might be a woman. Some of you guys could give someone who's new a chance to at least get acquainted, and the first time getting/giving critique it could be done in a more kind respectful way.

And that's quite enough.

It should be noted that the concern in the opening replies was (if not perfectly expressed) generally a reaction to the fact that people have died doing railway track shots; as a result some members of the community do express a concern regarding this type of photo. It is done purely out of interest for the safety of the photographer, model and others.
I would, however, hope that members expressing this concern to those shooting such shots remain polite and explain their position and reason for dislike of the setting.

You guys could have been nice until I saw the NSFW photos anyway!:BangHead:

Whilst it is not a problem I would like to remind users to remain respectful to both photographers and models when discussing matters on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back