Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Dont know if I spelt the title right...but who cares...lol

Right onto buisness...I have a proposition for you my friends, and I want you to answer truthfully and say anything you feel needs to be said.

I really want to sell my photos...and all these places on the net say "Get 10pence for your photos" or something there abouts...and frankly...thats not fair...especially for the pictures that are taken here.

So id like to offer something...I may start a project soon, that will be a website...devoted to members of the TPF to sell their work.
Now this wont be a site where I will get any money from...and it wont be usual rates and such...the rates...and all responsibility will be placed on you guys.
Ill need help setting up the site, but then if im really happy with it...ill purchase a .com and start advertising...I dont want any money out of this...just a chance for us TPF guy to sell our stuff, our way.

Questions...comments....offers...anything on your mind please post...

That sounds like a great idea!
I would love to help out in any way I can! I'm really good with Website layouts/graphics. And I've been looking for a place to sell my artwork!

I have plenty of prints that I wanted to start selling.... but didn't know how... This sounds promising! :D

Great idea!

Just had another thought....
What if we each had our own page we could display our photos on? Would that work? That way we could have one homepage with links on it to each of our pages.(that we design for ourselves)

LittleMan said:
Just had another thought....
What if we each had our own page we could display our photos on? Would that work? That way we could have one homepage with links on it to each of our pages.(that we design for ourselves)

I like the idea..but id rather have a uniform layour personally...the content..and some of the links and some things can be personalized...but the colour background and layout I think should be uniform and hosted by us, so that anyone can join...you dont need a web page.

As for you helping out, that would be most appreciated :)

Sounds awesome! I might be able to help with design and html coding (I used to be a computer nerd lol). I have a friend who I might be able to talk into coding a php system so new photos can be added easily and uniformly (although I'm not sure about how good his talents are). I would love to be able to sell some shots once I make some worth selling ;)

Unimaxium said:
Sounds awesome! I might be able to help with design and html coding (I used to be a computer nerd lol). I have a friend who I might be able to talk into coding a php system so new photos can be added easily and uniformly (although I'm not sure about how good his talents are). I would love to be able to sell some shots once I make some worth selling ;)

Well..I have a php expert I know...and he is amzing.
He is the owner of webb-hosting.com and he is amazing..he can code almost anything...im damned sure he could even code this forum givin a while...so Ill try and convinve him, but your friends help would be appreaciated.

As for pictures...any pictures are allowed...well thats how I think im gonna do it...we wont say not unless its of the best quality...you choose the pics.

there may be rules on stuff that goes to far...like maybe you cant have pictures containing sexual content...but artistic budity will be allowed...just a disclamer will be placed before opening :)

Glad yah like my idea...

Sounds like a wonderful idea Arty!!! Also a very kind offer on your part. I'd be happy to help with whatever you might need...but keep in mind I'm computer illiterate :lol: I would love a great site to be able to sell pics at though...maybe I could help with promotional stufff...getting the website out there :)

eromallagadnama said:
Sounds like a wonderful idea Arty!!! Also a very kind offer on your part. I'd be happy to help with whatever you might need...but keep in mind I'm computer illiterate :lol: I would love a great site to be able to sell pics at though...maybe I could help with promotional stufff...getting the website out there :)

That would be great help...as for kind offer remark...TPF has helped me so much...wannna give something back.

We will need a server to host it...mine...has been lost...

Well maybe if we ask really nicely and with puppy eyes we can convince Chase to give us a widdle bitty chunk of server space hehe ;)

I have a server, but I have no idea how much space I can hold or whether it's reliable or not (it does ok with my blog, but that gets really low traffic)

oh, and from what you said your coding friend sounds like he's better than mine. :) That would be cool if he could code something nice for us.

Chase said:
I'm pretty sure we could work out some space here :)

Thatd be fantastic Chase!

Unimaxim if those puppy dog eyes are that powerfull...ill need to learn it.....all girls get me with puppy dog eyes...if they pull em...I cant resist...I feel weak and bad and then im under their control (most girls know and exploit this)

Chase....:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Right...well ive just spoken to my php guy...and I know he can do it...hes already thinking up the ideas.

he is going to code it for free for us (Obviously we do the layout, he does the coding) but...he would like a donate button on the site so people can donate to him...and I think its a nice idea.
We are still, however, sticking to the idea of the photographer getting all the money :)

hmm first of all Arti:
will we ba able to 1)upload our own shots to the server or 2)link them from our own servs?
If 1) do you have so big serv. for LOADS of shots?
if 2) remember that not everyone have the own account or serv.
Then... would you be able to solve the questions of hacks? coz you know that's not a problem to hack a site, what then? who will be responsible for all damages?
how would you like to host the page? only through the net? or maybe we will be able to spam mails? :)
how would we share the costs of all advertising and hosting and serv?

I'm in :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back