• Cyclo-Cross

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Heather Koch

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I looked and I looked for a biking/cycling thread and couldn't find anything (if there is one...whoops).

Any who, the weather is getting nicer (at least for us Michiganders) so I just purchased a new bike and wanted to share my rides, etc.

So why not create a thread for other cyclists to do the same?!

Post your photos from your rides, of your bike, whatever! - Lets make this fun! :)

Cycle on...

(I will edit this tomorrow with some photos)

First ride of the year today. Took a little 4 mile ride around the area and loved it!
All winter I've been "sick;" found out I have asthma and any physical activity I would do I needed to take breaks because my chest hurt horribly. BUT being able to ride today with only one puff of my inhaler was so freshening! The warm-ish air felt amazing.

Anyone else ride??

Bonus: you can see my sexy knees/calfs

Ahh sexy indeed ;P LOL

Where do you ride mostly? Glad to see I'm not the only rider here!

Ahh sexy indeed ;P LOL

During the week I'll ride the roads around my house to keep fit. On the weekends I'll go up the the local ski resort which has tons of nice trails

I ride...around...lol. I don't like to drive in LA unless I have to, so instead I risk my life on a bicycle most of the time lol.

There are some mountain bike routes around, but it seems kind of amusing that I would have to load the bike up and go to the park, and then load it back up and drive home.

Ahh sexy indeed ;P LOL

During the week I'll ride the roads around my house to keep fit. On the weekends I'll go up the the local ski resort which has tons of nice trails

Nice, that is my plan as well. Minus the ski resorts, we have a few local trails (metro parks), so I am pretty excited to ride them.

I ride...around...lol. I don't like to drive in LA unless I have to, so instead I risk my life on a bicycle most of the time lol.

There are some mountain bike routes around, but it seems kind of amusing that I would have to load the bike up and go to the park, and then load it back up and drive home.

City riding! I like.

LOL in your case your bike is transportation so I completely understand your disbelief of mountain bikers :p

Controls by tltichy, on Flickr

Gary Fisher Sugar 293 by tltichy, on Flickr

The noble stead. I've had this thing for 10 yrs and have only broken the frame once. ;) We've got some awesome trails in the Williamsburg area, and plenty of ski resorts in northern VA so there's no shortage of awesome places to ride.

Ahh sexy indeed ;P LOL

Nice, that is my plan as well. Minus the ski resorts, we have a few local trails (metro parks), so I am pretty excited to ride them.

City riding! I like.

LOL in your case your bike is transportation so I completely understand your disbelief of mountain bikers :p

Heh, I actually used to use my mountain bike to traverse my family's ranch since we lived in a basin area, but in that case all I had to do was step out my front door and hop on my mountain bike. Now it's like, "Do I really want to spend 15-30 minutes in traffic both ways to ride my mountain bike when my road bike is right there?" If I lived farther in the desert I would be on my mountain bike all the time. It's a slower but much more involved method of exploring.

That is one 'sick' looking bike!! I am jealous! You must take care of that thing like a child!

Those are all very valid points David! It's all what you are willing to compromise :)

Back in the day I did a lot of riding. Just a neat thing around here. Rode all over the place. One winter I rode to Phoenix. Just a great trip. Several trips up to San Francisco on a plane and then a ride around town. Many good memories. Still own an Italian Mondonico. Enjoy! :)

That's a neat place to put the camera.
I've always had it on the handlebar

I plan on putting the camera on my track bike next and getting the velodrome .. sooner or later.

That's a neat place to put the camera.
I've always had it on the handlebar

I plan on putting the camera on my track bike next and getting the velodrome .. sooner or later.

I keep trying to find the best location that shows the most and is not too shaky.

Makes sense. Except I'm riding my '95 Trek Carbon Fiber Y bike which is a monocoque body and no real seat tube. So the handlebar is the only place to put it except maybe the seat horn ...
Helmet is no good because I go through too many tight places and I had my helmet ripped off once, and nearly ripped me off the bike.

Most reactions

Back