OK I stole the crayon idea from Chriss

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
But tried an idea that no one likes in selective coloring. Any CC on this? Would having them all in focus be better? Would having ONLY the blue crayon in focus be better? Im not sure. I do know that I took a ton of photos before I got one that I liked.

4283888286_2f52b08cf8_b.jpg

Well I think it's a neat photo, my only problem with it is that the "Main" focus point (the obvious blue color where MY eye is instantly focused at) is vertically centered & that the crayon above it is very light colored, but that may just be a personal dislike, other than that i like it! :)

I prefer a full color version.
With this you have one tiny bit of color, when you are photographing something that represents color itself.

I would try and capture as much color as accurately as possible, in a unique way. Try and show crayons like no one would have thought to see them.

i think if you are going to do selective coloring, you should have all the crayons in focus but a full color shot with high contrast should be pretty cool to emphasize the color difference.

Ive thought of trying a few crayon shots before but it always slip my mind until I see a neat image like this. Im kinda torn on the selective coloring for this image but the concept is great.

What if I had the white one toward the bottom and the blue toward the top? I think everyone knows that crayons are very colorful.... I my thinking is that by selective coliring this photo you have to use your imigination on the others. Its like having a rainbow with only purple..... Maybe its a bad idea, thats why I come here.

Here is my second effort based on your comments. I think this gives a better idea of what im trying to do?
4286352997_3267c8185a_b.jpg

This would be hard to get right, but I think if you could get the waves to line up, like a continuous wave, that would be pretty cool

Oh Lord! Ha.

That will be a challenge. It was a challenge to get the names to show. The wave is next! Great suggestion.

i don't think it's really a noticable amount of selective colour as i'm not drawn straight to it, perhaps if it was all blue insteda of just the end....

Sweet, looking forward to seeing that, I am randomly assuming its morning time down under, so you have all day... get to work!

I like both of them. How did you get all the other colors to be black and white except the blue one?

Most reactions

Back