ok what to do with this?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok what do i do with this? I wanted it to look like it was done at a studio but I don't have the right type of lighting for it.

pinkjacey2.jpg

here is the original

IMG_0622.jpg

you think there is anything i can do to make this right? or does the pic just suck?

The color is pretty intense...maybe try a black and white conversion.

mysteryscribe said:
33o4ais.jpg

Might want to tone down the exposure a bit as well

ok! don't laugh at me - but go ahead and shake your head if you want to - I can't see you - but I don't even know what that means. Don't worry. I am calling my community college tomorrow to see about non credit photography courses!

I think the on-camera flash is your biggest lighting hurdle. The light is all coming direct on, which is rather bland. Using something to reflect off of works well, like the ceiling or a sheet.

Next time you want to shoot the baby try this.... put a single layer of kleenex over the flash if you cant bounce it or take it off the camera. If that doesn't help try two layers. It will cut down the glare from the light.

It it doesn't work at all I'm sorry. It is the best I can do for an on camera flash but you can make a reasonable shot with it. Just have to cut the light output and the glare.

I think if you change the colors it looks more like a studio shot. Also the levels a little..I should have done a better job on this, but here it is anyways.

baby.jpg

I like the last one much better than anything I did. Im not good at digital editing to be honest,.

However I do believe that if you ask for help on an image at hand we should try to help with that. As well as explain what might be done better next time in the shooting.

WOW those look great! Thanks guys! And thanks for the tip about the flash. I saw a little thing on ebay that you could buy to cover your flash with and I thought I might buy it. I'l try the tissue thing though first and see if it works. I am learning a lot from you all. Thank you again.

I have to try that too. My flash (even when set to the lowest setting) is still so bright. Now I know!

Try closing the aperture down, flash is too bright due to you being too close to the subject, put the camera/flash on manual then do a series of tests at different apertures for different distances till you get what you want, all you do with a diffuser is lose stops of light and spread the lightsource, learn how your flashgun works properly and the hard light will not be obvious.

In itself it's a lovely shot, JimmyJaceyMom. Great expression in her face.

I gave it a quick try, too. How do you like this version?

Baby1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back