One for the girls - Shooting male nudes?

Cinka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was recently approached by a man via my website - he wants me to shoot a series of nudes of himself. I've never done any nudes at all and was wondering...have any of you ladies run into this? What did you do? What are your thoughts on the matter? I'm not sure how to proceed. I need the money, but I'm not so sure I feel comfortable shooting male nudes. Maybe women, but men...I don't know.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts...even the guys.

Thanks!

~Kristen

I think women nude bodies are more artistic.. and male nudes.. are well.... NOT...

a nice shirt off... pic... covering the "basics" will do... but to me male nudes are not supposed to be... LOL....

maybe some like those firefighter calendars type of shoot will be fine and you´d feel more comfortable...

I´ve never done nudes but I´d feel more comfortable doing women or males as I described... (sexy but not "all" out there)

I was recently approached by a man via my website
This part raises the red flag for me. I'd be very careful with this one. I suggest meeting the guy first, with the usually safe guards...bring a friend and meet in a public place etc. Probably a good idea to have someone with you for the shoot, if you go ahead.

I've heard from a couple female photographers about this type of request...the guy usually flakes out and never shows up.

As for how to go about shooting it...I don't know

so you don't know anything about this guy? I would suggest bringing along your boyfriend/male friend with you in case he turns out to be a creep

Yeah, I'm definitely worried about the "creep" factor. He's also called me various times and never leaves messages. He finally emailed me today asking if I want to do it. I think I'm going to skip this one...no matter how bad I need the money.

Turn up with an assistant and put a defensive weapon in your pocket :D

Do not skip this one! Bring an assistant. Better yet have him come to your studio. Meet with the client first and see what he has in mind. I am sure you will both get some really good shots out of this one. The human form male or female is very beautiful. Relax and keep an open mind.

Love & Bass

This part raises the red flag for me. I'd be very careful with this one. I suggest meeting the guy first, with the usually safe guards...bring a friend and meet in a public place etc. Probably a good idea to have someone with you for the shoot, if you go ahead.

I've heard from a couple female photographers about this type of request...the guy usually flakes out and never shows up.

As for how to go about shooting it...I don't know

I'm curious about Iron Flatline's take on this. He thinks it's unfair to consider the "perv" factor when a stranger wants photographs of his children.

I'm curious about Iron Flatline's take on this. He thinks it's unfair to consider the "perv" factor when a stranger wants photographs of his children.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA.

I sense past thread grudges being brought up here... :confused:

I think women nude bodies are more artistic.. and male nudes.. are well.... NOT...

a nice shirt off... pic... covering the "basics" will do... but to me male nudes are not supposed to be... LOL....

I was just about to write how sexist that is when I remembered a quote from Dylan Moran:
"It must have been a particularly good day up in heaven when the team of god's Italian designers created the female body [long rant about it]. Whereas the male body looks like it was put together late one Friday afternoon just before everyone went home"

My ugly mug definitely falls into this category :lmao:

I'd be wary of someone just contacting a person via a website and wanting nude pics taken especially if you don't know anything about them or who they are.. I myself wouldnt do it lol

I think some semi nude male shots can be done nicely - Nice lighting/shadows etc.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA.

I sense past thread grudges being brought up here... :confused:

No, not past. Current. "It's all in the eye of the beholder."

I'm being quite honest here. I-F and several others repeatedly expressed concern that the photographer that shot children he didn't know shouldn't be judged with regard to the "perv" factor. I am curious if they feel the same way regarding this situation.

i think you should meet with him (with an assistant, friend, bf, etc...) and decide after you've met him. if youre uncomfortable dont do it.

im all for the male form. i think its beautiful to look at :lovey:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back