OXFORD OCTOBER 19th

you lot can meet me in a pub down by the river

Did I mention that I really want to go now :)

It's not lapland, and there ain't no lapdancers either, but you know where it is and you're more than welcome - anyways, you owe me a beer!

Lostprophet said:
you lot can meet me in a pub down by the river

That narrows it down, I think there's only one in the city centre. We'll have a drink there - on Alex :lol:

It's not lapland, and there ain't no lapdancers either, but you know where it is and you're more than welcome - anyways, you owe me a beer!

I am sure we could organise some lap dancers or lapdancers ;)

I know about the beer .... and the pizza ;)

By the way

Everyone is welcome, we don't care who you are, what you look like or how you smell as long as your prepared to buy us a drink or two

Uh oh, why did I think this was the weekend before the 19th?

Hmmm, I'm supposed to be hiking Snowdonia the weekend of the 19th, ah balls.... what to do... decisions decisions...

Uh oh, why did I think this was the weekend before the 19th?

Maybe because I told you it would be the 19th? ;)

Still have to find out if this would be possible for me.

Yes I meant I thought it was the 12th October rather than the 19th, so had agreed on the hike thinking I was free.

Anyway sod it, think I'll come to Oxford, I can't much be arsed hiking anyway...

Tony I was thinking of train... do you really recommend buses instead then?

Wont it be much slower by bus? Was checking train fares only seems to be 8 squid return to and from paddington which is very close for me to get home.

Hmmmm?

Last edited:
Tony I was thinking of train... do you really recommend buses instead then?

Wont it be much slower by bus? Was checking train fares only seems to be 8 squid return to and from paddington which is very close for me to get home.

Hmmmm?

The train is great it's just that you are tied to a timetable - it's about half an hour quicker than the bus if you get the fast train - there are two, and one stops at every little village along the way and takes a couple of hours or more whereas the fast one stops at just Reading, Didcot and Oxford.

With the bus, you can catch it when you like - takes about an hour and a half - which is the reason for my recommendation, but at 8 quid, get the train!

I thought you lived south of the river somewhere or have you moved?

Ah I did but I moved so I'm north west now... I'll have a look at trains again tomorrow and see.

Any idea what time we'll all be meeting and splitting at?

Ah I did but I moved so I'm north west now... I'll have a look at trains again tomorrow and see.

Any idea what time we'll all be meeting and splitting at?

That would be interesting indeed. Important for decision making, in particular for those who might come from distant countries ;).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back