Pentax K10D - Remote Assistance

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, those of you who have the k10D may want to check out the updates. I was bored and browsing the pentax site and realized there was a firmware update (1.20) which enables you to use Remote Assistance w/ the k10d now. Using the software that came w/ the camera (which also requires an update), you can tether it to your pc or laptop and completely control it's functios w/ the computer. I never used the software before as I use photoshop to do my editing and raw conversions, but this can actually be useful. I think this was released just recently, not sure. Just one more option and one more tool you can use to capture that perfect image.

Noooo! Another reason for me to upgrade to the k10d! You do this on purpose, don't you? Do you work for one of those debt consolidation companies? :lol:

No, though I do know some folks who would be glad to hold your car title until your new purchase is paid off. It's a nice little feature to have there at your disposal. I don't know why all dslr's aren't capable of this, it doesn't seem like it would take much engineering to pull it off.

I've shot tethered before and never want to do it again. It's such a pain in the rear. Just that more you need to keep track of when shooting.

This could be nice.... I'm going to have have to read how to do the firmware updates...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back