Photo and CD packaging

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Emilymarie, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Emilymarie

Emilymarie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    What do you package your prints and CDs in when giving to a client? I order through WHCC and I know they have the option to package for you but I kinda wanted to order the supplies and do it my self.

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    strut mounts for prints, cellophane sleeve for proof CD, I don't supply printable files unless they are willing to part with serious cash, then its a jewel case with photo sleeve and text, "Sheila & Johns Wedding" H

3. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I recently bought a Lightscribe burner, so now I can label my discs very nicely. I put the discs into leather bound disc cases.

If I'm including a stack of prints, I'll use print boxes. The pro lab that I use, sells a range of boxes from 'TAP', which are available at many labs.

For my last wedding, I tried something new. I had the photos printed at 4x6 and coil bound into a couple booklets...a proof book of sorts.

For larger prints, I use 'Photo Mailer' envelopes...hard cardboard envelopes that protect the prints pretty well.

I don't have branding on any of my packaging, but that is something that I will do some day. I know several photographers that have their branding (logo) on everything.