Photographer not having a paid photographer at his wedding

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yes me, I have decided not to pay for a photographer to attend, there are 2 main reasons, one I have more important things to spend my money on like inviting more friends and two most wedding photographers I have looked at are crap, I paid £800 for my daughters photographer they were happy but I was not, my friend that is attending and is a good photographer and wants to have a go and he knows if he gets it wrong there will be no comeback from me. Go on give me some stick for my decision[emoji3]

stick_0.png

I would have done it for many pints of black and a plane ticket.

I agree with Sharon, if the soon to be is okay with it, then that's all that matters. If your friend gets photos, then you will have some.

Congrats and good luck.

Put a GO PRO on your fiancees head for backup measure. she will understand i am sure of it.

We all have different priorities in life and good wedding photographers are not cheap. Good luck and have a great time :D

Go on give me some stick for my decision.
None coming from me. Even though I was fairly interested in photography some 47 years ago, we had no money for a photographer.

I agree with your decision.

I paid for a pro wedding photographer for my first wedding. I only kept 2 or 3 of the photos, and have no idea what happened to the rest. The divorce was about 30 years ago.

Second wedding: Family member with a point and shoot got off a couple snapshots. I still have them.

Third wedding: Friend with a point and shoot got off a couple of snapshots. I still have them.

None of them are important to anyone anymore.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back