Photographer not having a paid photographer at his wedding

gsgary; ignore all the "helpful" suggestions of having random guests snap pics for you.

Being a photographer yourself you don't need piles of garbage photos cluttering your life to remind yourself that if you had been the official photographer at this wedding, you would have had some decent photographs to treasure. .

But those kind of photos aren't about art they are about memories. They are about that shot Great Aunt Dafney who emigrated to Ozland and came back for the wedding for the first time in 40 years etc.... Sure half the time you might not look at them, but sometimes it gives us peace of mind to have a record - and if we want to look we can (sometimes having the choice is what we want more so than the item itself).

you'd probably go viral for a good week doing that too.

strap a go-pro on your head, get a camera on a selfie stick, dig out the old tripod for your posed shots. you got this.

step it up a notch and shoot your own wedding.

brilliant!
the Leicas have timers right?
Not mine M4-2 and M4P, A7 I can shoot from my phone and see what is in the viewfinder so could set that up but I will be too busy entertaining with my dancing, I'm a Northern Soul regular and can stut my stuff ill see if I can get someone to vidio me

nikons have that feature.

just saying

lol

If I could do my wedding over again, the one thing I'd do differently, would have been to hire a better (likely more expensive) photographer. They one we used was OK, but certainly nothing special.

Gary - if your fiance is in agreement on this one then I guess you're settled on your path. I just wanted to say that wedding photos are not just about capturing the B&G or even just for the B&G. Even though I'm not married anymore, I'm so glad that we had a good photographer and I have many lovely pics from my wedding. The ones of my family and friends, everyone in black tie and having fun, young and carefree, professional shots of me with my Mom (both normally very camera shy), my adorable nephew in a tux... I'm happy that I have them. My daughter likes looking at them and seeing what everyone looked like when they were younger and I'm sure her children will enjoy them someday too. My mom and dad were married at the courthouse so no formal photographer. There are 2 or 3 pictures (snaps taken by my aunt) and they're horrible quality - not posed and not lit very well. Even so, they are well worn from looking at them.

If I could do my wedding over again, the one thing I'd do differently, would have been to hire a better (likely more expensive) photographer. They one we used was OK, but certainly nothing special.

I hired a decent photographer, but they are very standard and boring. If I were to do it again, I'd look for someone with more sense of style, storytelling, and technique.

Gary - if your fiance is in agreement on this one then I guess you're settled on your path. I just wanted to say that wedding photos are not just about capturing the B&G or even just for the B&G. Even though I'm not married anymore, I'm so glad that we had a good photographer and I have many lovely pics from my wedding. The ones of my family and friends, everyone in black tie and having fun, young and carefree, professional shots of me with my Mom (both normally very camera shy), my adorable nephew in a tux... I'm happy that I have them. My daughter likes looking at them and seeing what everyone looked like when they were younger and I'm sure her children will enjoy them someday too. My mom and dad were married at the courthouse so no formal photographer. There are 2 or 3 pictures (snaps taken by my aunt) and they're horrible quality - not posed and not lit very well. Even so, they are well worn from looking at them.
I had a top photographer for my first wedding never seen the photographs since the divorce, I don't like having my photo taken thats another reason same as my dad I only have 1 photo of him and he diied at only 45 but I have lots of photos of him in my head

I had a top photographer for my first wedding never seen the photographs since the divorce, ...

That stinks.

I'll shoot for free if you want.
But you'll have to pay for the flight and all expenses over there and back, a short layover. As I'll require a week in both Paris and Rome in order for me to properly Post Process the files before I fly back to the US. :)

I had a top photographer for my first wedding never seen the photographs since the divorce, ...

That stinks.

But you'll have to pay for the flight and all expenses over there and back, a short layover. As I'll require a week in both Paris and Rome in order for me to properly Post Process the files before I fly back to the US. :)
You wont want to go to Paris and Rome when you have seen how beautiful the Peak District is

That stinks.

You wont want to go to Paris and Rome when you have seen how beautiful the Peak District is

This depends on the weather surely ;)

That stinks.

This depends on the weather surely ;)
No still beautiful when its raining, it never puts the walkers off

If I could do it all over again, No way in hell would I. Of course I am talking about the 1st one. :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back