photography magazines

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
anyone get them regularly? i've never looked into them until recently. i just bought an Outdoor Photographer magazine (it was one of the only photography magazines i found that wasnt all digital). i was quite impressed. not with just the photos, which were very good of course, but with the articles themselves.

Rangefinder magazine is free if you say you have any kind of business. Pretty good mag. Just say you're a freelance photog and boom you have free mag.

I subscribe to Popular Photography and I love it. It has great articles and reviews. There are also a lot of contests you can enter to try to get your photos published in their magazine.

Ghoste said:
Rangefinder magazine is free if you say you have any kind of business. Pretty good mag. Just say you're a freelance photog and boom you have free mag.

Yeah, I signed up, and they've been sending them to me. It covers a lot of digital stuff, but still some medium format film. Not a bad mag, and who can gripe about it when it's free?

Other mags I like (if you can find them):
Aperture
Camera Work
B&W Photography (British mag)

There is a new film based mag called Emulsion, I haven't seen one yet.

http://www.emulsionmagazine.org/

Hmm anyone recommend a good UK based magazine?Would need a section with digital photography basics to start off with and then obviously more indepth stuff, reviews and articles to follow !!!

the only main UK based magazine for photography i know is B&W magazine, and i think they are more of an art-centered than technical-centered magazine (which i am partial to). what i have seen in it is VERY good, but it's kind of pricey (about 9 bucks per issue).

I think photography monthly is from the UK- really good mag, i dont get to buy it often though because its very expensive here (for a magazine) but it has good articles, how to's (camera + photoshop) event calendar (to get good photos at) reviews, real good shooting guide (in depth on a particular subject each month) and a how to make the msot of your _____(something different every month) beautiful pictures as well, great mag!

I have a subscription to Popular Photography and it's okay. The reviews are nice, and it has lots of nice tips and tricks...the last half is mostly ads though but I even don't mind them b/c it's like shopping at home :lol: I also get Rangefind as well and it's great for being free :)

i'll be getting rangefinder in the next couple weeks, i'm curious to see what it's like. I bought a Photographic the other day, it's not as good as outdoor photographer, but it's fairly nice. American photo is pretty good too from what i've seen

One that I pick-up sometimes is Camera Arts. Decent. Not a tech/how-to driven magazine.

I don't buy magazines regularly, but will if I spot an interesting article. I do have lots of copies of Amateur Photographer though! This is because our library sells its old copies, and as they're only 6-12 months old + 30p each, I can't resist them! Not a bad read either at that price ;)

rangefinder's better than the ones I pay for - can't believe they're giving them away! But, then again, what a perfect advertising marketing ploy.

I subscribe to Shutterbug it OK most photo magazines are about the same IMO, also like American Photo a lot it more in to art or photog’er review

Most reactions

New Topics

Back