Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.

WOW!!....*picks up jaw from floor*.......WOW....what a great capture...

Dang, I didn't even get my DSLR yet, already getting raves. :mrgreen:

Just to clarify -

Not looking to do crazy tweaks, nor batch processing. Just want to know of my Elements will be sufficient to do....er.....sane tweaks (color saturation in particular).

Jon

what exactly is batch processing? is there a benefit to this and is that why most go w/lightroom?

Batch processing is when you apply editing functions – e.g. saturation, sharpening, etc. – simultanously to a bunch of photo files. The benefit is that it saves a lot of time. Lightroom is especially suitable for batch processing.
The trade-off of batch processing is that all the tweaks get applied equally to all photo files, while some need more, others need less, and some don't even need any. So batch processing, though convenient, is a very crude tool, imo. I apply it very rarely, if at all.

im in the process of getting my 1st DSLR and will need a software also. elements has the ability to really have the subject stand out w/blurry background, like a macro lens

So do most other editing apps, most of which are a lot cheaper!

Have fun!

as usually, I throw Bibble Pro into the pool of RAW converting software here :D

with the right converter which does all you want, you hardly need any postprocessing. I am almost down to use photoshop only for reduction to the final resolution and final sharpening. all the rest is done in my raw converter.

download some of them and try them out. they usually have a trial period for free.

elements has the ability to really have the subject stand out w/blurry background, like a macro lens

this is not a feature reserved to macro, but with an SLR it only needs a large aperture to achieve this.
If you do this in post processing, it almost always looks very fake anyway.

Alex, pray, what are "fens"? (As in the "vast fens of Germania").

Most reactions

New Topics

Back