Please help with this photo!

souljourney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! Please help me with this photo! I don't know if I can achieve what I want with it but who knows. I know that I should have used fill flash but it was raining on and off this morning and we ran out to try to catch (if you can see it in the background!) a rainbow in between down pours. I would like to lighten up around her eyes and try to pull the rainbow out of the background. My polarizer is MIA, which I know would have helped in bringing out the rainbow. We are actually going to do some more photos next week when it's NOT raining, too! Any other suggestions for this shot would be helpful, too! The only reason I'm trying to save it is because I like the rainbow! I'll post more from the session in a minute to see what you all think!

DSC_0150.jpg

I will try to play after I dro pthe kids off at preschool. I think though, that ther eis a place on here to go where they specifically help with fixing photos. I think there are lots of awesome people there that love to do this and know what they are doing! :)

So it looks as if nobody has been in the other forum (specific technical help) where I X-posted this. Anyone here wanna take a stab at it?

Hi there. I did promise to play, LOL but the problem is I don't really know what I am doing so I did what I could. You wanted the rainbow to show more but all I know how to do with that is hue/saturation.
If you give time in that one critique place someone will be sure to try it out. Also I don't think I had the full sized image - the one I was working with was sort of small and pixelated. Don't know if this helps but here ya go. My try. :blushing:

1-3.jpg

Thanks! I will have to post a larger size image later to see if we can give it a go. Did you add a layer to adjust the saturation?

Thanks! I will have to post a larger size image later to see if we can give it a go. Did you add a layer to adjust the saturation?

Yes I did. And then in the layer with the people I added some contrast and turned down the hue/saturation on them to make them a little lighter. Then I added a smart blur.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back