Post your Lunar Eclipse Shots!!

What we are saying is, your camera is fully capable of doing it but you currently lack the glass to do it with. Yeah you may have missed the opertunity on this one, but you are not the only one. So start saving some money and you will have the lens you need for the next one. I my self hope to have atleast a 600mm by then.

LaFoto you have a pm inbound momentarily

There is still much time for saving until 2011! :D
(Though many of you should spend their saving money on a trip to GERMANY IN MAY *shouting out loud here* :wink: )

Here in Portland, it was GORGEOUS!!

DSC_0075_EDIT_BW.jpg

DSC_0099_EDIT.jpg

My girlfreind and I got some Chinese takeout, parked my car up on top of a hill, opened up the back hatch, folded the back seat down totally flat, took out the trunk felt, put a few blankets down and laid there listening to the radio down way low and watched it for about 2 1/2 hours.

It was perfect.

so basically, my lens sucks..hahaha..damn that means i have to work my ass off to buy those expensive lens..but its all good..ONE MORE QUESTION THOUGH..how do you adjust the shutter speed? What shooting mode do you usually use when taking pics of the moon etc.?..THANKS...

Brilliant photo, Alex!
Resembles mine to the dot! :lol:

Yes Alex, stunning recreation of mine as well, It's amaizing the number of duplicates we are getting from so many differend places in the world.:lmao:

so basically, my lens sucks..hahaha..damn that means i have to work my ass off to buy those expensive lens..but its all good..ONE MORE QUESTION THOUGH..how do you adjust the shutter speed? What shooting mode do you usually use when taking pics of the moon etc.?..THANKS...

The lens doesn't suck....(Well, to the best of my knowledge anyways), as for shooting and camera adjustments information I have no advice for you, it's all done differently on my camera.

Well, one from last time! This time it was too cloudy over Düsseldorf ...

7087.jpg

Ok here are two I took, but I was one my front deck and I should have went on concrete. The first one is the moon and the second I was fooling around and I put my UV lens on and it gave me a second moon,

2280973175_e7fb49f2c9.jpg

m

2280999199_48768b35a6_b.jpg

Here in Portland, it was GORGEOUS!!

DSC_0075_EDIT_BW.jpg

DSC_0099_EDIT.jpg

My girlfreind and I got some Chinese takeout, parked my car up on top of a hill, opened up the back hatch, folded the back seat down totally flat, took out the trunk felt, put a few blankets down and laid there listening to the radio down way low and watched it for about 2 1/2 hours.

It was perfect.

I saw it from washington square. I heard there was going to be one, just didn't know what time. My GF was like "wtf, is that an eclipse". And lo and behold...

Were you up at council crest?

I don't have a larger zoom lens than 200mm but I gave it a try here's my favorites so far...

*edit* The first one is as taken no image editing other than resize and convert from raw to jpeg.

Attachments

• $Just a touch of Earth Shadow1.jpg
    $Just a touch of Earth Shadow1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 75
  • $The Eclipse has Left the Building1.jpg
    $The Eclipse has Left the Building1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 71
  • $Midway Eclipse with Saturn & Regulus1.jpg
    $Midway Eclipse with Saturn & Regulus1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 75

Most reactions

New Topics