Post your Lunar Eclipse Shots!!

DanV1317

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Beginner here, but figured i'd try my hand at the eclipse. I found shutter speed around 30 seconds to work best. I am just using the standard Canon Rebel XT kit with kit lens. Couldn't zoom very far. I also found it very hard to manually focus in the dark especially when i couldn't even see the edges of the moon clearly with the little zoom i had.

Eclipse1.jpg

Wow dude, That looks almost exactly like mine.

I found that 2-8 seconds with the aperture all the way down worked the best. I tried doing all camera stuff but that did not work too well.

Do you happen to be in the Missouri Area?

I'm in pennsylvania. It's 10:48est now, it's just starting to turn back to a partial eclipse, so i'm going to snap some more then and see how it turns out. I took a few of the first partial but was screwing around with settings on my camera so i couldn't get anything good. I want to get the white color of the moon more defined.

Welcome, this should probably go in the gallery.

Nice shot for the gear you are using - 18-55 mm kit lens?

It does look fairly sharp, even though it is pretty small.

ok.

eclipse2.jpg

eclipse.jpg

and one from last year just because.

DSC05433.jpg

I was going through more of my photos of the eclipse and i think i found the best one in my photoshoot that i have tooken.
mooncopy.png

Wow, great detail!

I can only serve you some old_pics - I just could not make myself rise at 4. :oops:

Good one!
You can be proud!

What is wrong, eravedesigns :biggrin: .. aren't the threads together? :greenpbl:

You were?
Or the moon was - by clouds???
If you were obstructed ... then: how so?

Most reactions

Back