Printing with Adorama?

elementgs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.element.gs
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here print with Adorama and use their ICC profiles?

I'm struggling with the proofing in Lightroom and really feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I've used them but not the ICC. We (it was a class) had to turn down the brightness on the screens to match a test print from them, but everything else seemed to be fine.

I think limr has used them also. You might Convo her.

I've used them but since I usually get metal prints I don't bother with the ICC profiles because computer screens cannot simulate metal I don't see the point.

We (it was a class) had to turn down the brightness on the screens to match a test print from them, but everything else seemed to be fine.

That's going to be normal no mater where you print computer screens are quite bright so I always recommend eating your images with the brightness at about 50%

I love the metal prints. B&W images when printed in metal (not metal with white coating) have a kind of 3D look to them.

All of my prints last month were on Kodak Endura metallic paper and printed significantly darker than they should have been.

Not wanting to make the same mistake, I installed the ICC profile to compensate and now all of the photos I wish to print are de-saturated and look horrible in Lightroom while Soft Proofing.

Really not sure what to do about this.

I remember reading this layman's method from a Scott Kelby CS5 book and have been using it for my Adorama metallic prints. Basically, you will use your dark sample print as reference to how much you will brighten (or lighten) the contrast of your print version.

1) Add a Levels layer to your image.
2) With your sample print beside your monitor, slide the Level layer's midpoint marker to the right until what you see on your monitor has the same (dark) contrast as your sample print.
3) Add a second Levels layer.
4) Slide the second Level layer's midpoint marker to the left until what you see on your monitor has the contrast you want.
5) Hide (or delete) the first Levels layer. Your image will look bright.
6) Flatten and save the image. This will now be your print version.

So far it has worked for me.

All of my prints last month were on Kodak Endura metallic paper and printed significantly darker than they should have been.

Not wanting to make the same mistake, I installed the ICC profile to compensate and now all of the photos I wish to print are de-saturated and look horrible in Lightroom while Soft Proofing.

Really not sure what to do about this.

Using a icc profile to soft proof on your screen won't work if your screen is not calibrated in the first place.

Is your screen calibrated?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back