Prom pics I took today, look ok?

one thing you may want to look into is a reflector, it will help to soften the shadows from the strong sunlight, the other option would be to add fill flash.

The term fill flash is just describing how you use the hotshoe flash to fill in the shadows in the pictures. That way you wont get the black eyes, and harsh shadows.

it is helpful, but learning things yourself is one of the BEST things you can do. The internet is great because you dont have to rely on other people to answer all the questions, because almost anything you need to know is probably already out there already , available instantly.

Weird, I thought this was supposed to be a helpful forum.

It is, and I am not trying to be mean, but there are several websites with lots of informaton on fill flash, how and when to use it and the best flashes to use.

By reading those sites, you will get new ideas and be exposed to different styles, so my sugestion is to help you improve your photography.

nice pics! look great

(nice website too ;) )

It is, and I am not trying to be mean, but there are several websites with lots of informaton on fill flash, how and when to use it and the best flashes to use.

By reading those sites, you will get new ideas and be exposed to different styles, so my sugestion is to help you improve your photography.
Yeah your right, I just don't know photography terms, and here you all put it in dummy terms.

You definitely need either some fill flash or a good reflector.

I would also recommend that you setup your subjects in front of less distracting backgrounds, of course that's not always possible especially with candids, but a shorter depth of field would also help.

Tough because the time of day you shot these at, sun was too strong and shadows were too harsh. The good thing was there didn't seem to be too many blown highlights (last pic a few, the guy's shot with the white tux and face of guy in back, etc.)which shows you did a good job with your exposure. As mentioned either a fill reflector (perhaps gold to soften the light a bit) or fill flash might work well. Otherwise, I'd have sought out a more conducive location which wasn't in the harsh sunlight.

the light is really harsh on the faces. try taking them more in the shade next time but where there is still light coming through so that you don't have them squinting so much

Nice work. I'd pay for your work! (not these particular photos cause that'd be creapy but You know what I mean) Only criticism is really a question.

Question about girls1 Is the girl on the far right supposed to be looking into the camera? Seems like everyone but her isn't.

I looked through your site and really enjoy your shots. Apparantly I need to move wherever you live because you have some of the most photogenic clients as well as awesome landscapes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back